Chapter 15

~2 months ago~

~2 months ago~

I was breathing hard, trying to make my Ether last as long as it could. Zyan was just barely brushing his full power, and i was almost done for. It was harder to fight for longer when i was using more than one attunement.

Over the week, i figured out how to use other elements, and i was able to use lightning, and water now. Lightning was easy to get the hang of, but water wasn't. Water required a certain calmness, which i didn't have. And i wasn't able to convert it into ice either.

Earth would take more time, since i needed to actually feel the Ether in the ground. And in a fight, you didn't have time to meditate. Resin was also hard, since sympathy for myself was just odd. I couldn't really sympathize with myself. It'd be quite funny, like 'oh hi self! Oh my god, you're hurt! I'm so sympathetic, let me heal you self!' I wondered if Zyan ever had that type of conversation in his head.

I didn't bother with trying to control metal, or air. You couldn't get the feeling of patience and freedom when you were in the middle of a battle to save your own life. I tried practicing them in free time, thinking that if i got the hang of it, maybe it'd be easier to use in a war.

I was able to combine flame and shadows now, and it was awesome. It was the best way to take care of my offense, and defense. It was what i was currently doing, because for some reason, when i was a shadow, Zyan couldn't detect me. At all. It was easier to attack and get away.

I became part of the shadows, letting my other senses guide me where to go, since you can't see in shadows.

I pushed myself off from inside, getting a lift so that i was in the air behind Zyan. I combined flames, and shadows, and gave him a kick with my shadow flame. His shirt got another burn, exposing the skin on his back, which was red from the burn. The shadows immobilized him, holding his legs in place. I fell back into the shadows, and came in front of him, ready for hand to hand combat.

I was really low on Ether, and Zyan wasn't stopping anytime soon. He gave a punch to my stomach, and as much as i wanted to bend over and yelp in pain, i couldn't. If i stopped even for a second, i was dead.

I pulled my arm back to punch him, and gasped. I fell, not even 1 drop of energy left in me. I could see the blackness surround my vision, and i tried hard to keep my consciousness. My body, however, was giving into the exhaustion.

Zyan kneeled next to me, and created an Ether bridge. I sighed in relief as his Ether flowed through me. My vision became clear again, and i saw the blue sky, covered with black clouds. I smiled, there was rain coming, and i was going to enjoy it.

"You've always loved the rain." I heard Zyan say from next to me. I grinned, i did love rain. There was something about how the water felt as it fell on my skin, and the smell of rain, that made me elated when i saw it.

"Well, at least now I'm convinced that the devil you love is actually me." He was sitting, and he looked down at me, eyebrows raised, and mouth curved in a smirk. I didn't know how much i actually missed his teasing smile.