Chapter 10

~3 months and 2 weeks earlier~

I was blank. How had my assumption been so wrong? How did i manage to make such a stupid mistake? I was a devil? Zyan wasn't the abomination, i was. He wasn't the evil one, i was. He wasn't the one who brought out sins in others... i was.

"Gah! I'm so stupid!" I burst out, unable to hold it in anymore. Everyone jumped, Zyan looking at me with sorrowful eyes, and Cassi and Kier both incredibly confused.

"Are you going to explain everything?" I asked him. He nodded, and proceeded to carry me off the bed, bridal style. I yelled, regretting it after my throat started aching again.

"Why are you carrying me!" I continued to say in a loud voice, not quite screaming. He leaned his head away from mine, trying to get away from the loud squawking i was doing.

"You're hurt, Lyna. I'm doing what I'm supposed to." He said, and set me on the couch. The other two followed close behind, and sat next to me, considering that i was sitting in the middle of the couch. Zyan sat on the ground in front of me, pushing the table so that he had room to fit.

I felt like i was a little baby, will all three of them tryingto take care of me. But, i wasn't that innocent, was i? I was a devil for a reason, and now i was going to find out why.

"So, let's start from the beginning, shall we?" Zyan said, and began our story, a tale of an angel, who was made into a devil. And the tale of the angel who fell in love with this devil, and how the chaos started.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

I was walking with Zyan in the evening, feeling much better now that i was able to walk, and stretch my arms without feeling any pain. We roamed the empty pathways, the lanes that were made between the grass fields, considering that no one really bothered to roam around the campus on a Saturday evening, everyone was busy with watching the continental Snitch matches now.

I was still slightly in shock after whatever Zyan had said, about everything. But, i needed my original memories to worry about everything else. I couldn't take those memories from my soul, it was quite easy to take information from a human mind, and from what Zyan said today, i shouldn't remember anything at all. It would be a lot better for me.

He told us what we needed to know, and there was a lot. For starters, i wasn't actually a devil. Not yet. I was still human now, but my soul was termed as a devil. So i could use a small fraction of that power, but using more than a human body could take could probably kill me.

Next, i was a target. That's why that devil was after me, one of his own kind. But the real reason i was a target was more horrible than actually being a target.

I was a powerful angel when i was one, and when i became a devil, it doubled for some reason. And like a magnet almost always draws metallic things towards it, my power drew someone who wanted it.