Chapter 37: Blinding Rage!

"....Where are we?"

"Are you serious Leon?! You dragged me to the middle of town!! P-people are staring at us!!" You exclaimed.

A crowd of people quickly formed around the two of you and began cheering Leon's name. Your heart raced as you tried to cower away, but to your horror, a certain champion maintained a firm grip on your hand.

"It's alright Y/N. Just stay close, okay?" Leon reassured you. He then turned his attention back to the crowd. "Hey guys! As much as I'd love to give autographs, I'm a bit busy getting lost with Y/N."

The crowd laughed and your cheeks burned. You tried to stay as close to Leon as possible, mainly because your clothing was ripped. Leon noticed this and gently lifted his cape, wrapping it around you.

"Anyway!" Leon said. "We've got to go! Hope you all have a champion time!"

The crowd cheered as Leon led you through the sea of people. As you passed through, you heard quite a few embarrassing conversations.

"Awww <3 Leon's got a girlfriend~"

"Finally, he's getting some action."

"So he's not single?! Why am I still here??"

~

"Sorry about that Y/N. How are you feeling?"

Horrible.

That crowd had given you so much anxiety that you could barely think. Leon had to rely on Charizard to lead him out the city. The three of you now stood in an open space in the wild area.

"Honestly, a bit embarrassed," You murmured. "I'm glad we got away from that crowd... but I think rumors are going to spread about us Leon. I... can't imagine this ending well..."

"Aww. Well it was bound to happen Y/N. Especially when hanging around someone as handsome as I am~" Leon teased. He wrapped both arms around you and spun you around, much to your amusement. 

"W-well I g-guess I can't deny that," You admitted. Leon laughed and you rested your head on his chest, your eyes wandering across the wild area. You nearly screamed when you noticed a familiar face watching the two of you.

"Y/N? What's wrong??"

"C-Charizard is watching us!!" You exclaimed, covering your face from sheer embarrassment. Leon smiled.

"Oh, he doesn't mind."

"But I do!" You pushed Leon away before turning to Charizard, quickly bowing. "I'm so sorry Charizard!"

Charizard smiled and nodded knowingly.

"See? He approves~" Leon teased, poking your cheek. You slapped his hand away.

"W-whatever. Let's just get to our match, shall we?"

The two of you moved away from each other, making room for the battlefield. You reached for Suicune's pokéball, but paused when you noticed that Leon was reaching for a pokéball as well. 

"Leon, Charizard is already out," You said, looking over at Charizard. Leon smiled.

"Oh. Charizard is just going to spectate this time," Leon explained. "You don't mind, do you?"

"That's fine."

Leon nodded before sending out another pokémon, a pokémon that you didn't recognize. It appeared to be dragon, but had two smaller dragons sticking out its horns.

"...You used this pokémon in your match against Raihan earlier. Who is this?" You asked. Leon smiled.

"Oh. This is Dragapult," Leon explained. "The two smaller pokémon in his horns are Dreepys."