Chapter 7: A Stormy Night!

"You bought Y/N flowers but didn't even consider getting me any. I thought we had something Champ," Raihan said.

Leon sighed and you burst into laughter, placing the flowers in a small vase.

The three of you all sat together on the sofa in your room. Both Leon and Raihan chowed down while you watched TV, too engrossed with the match onscreen.

"Raihan, stop hogging all the food. Y/N needs to eat too," Leon explained.

"I'm only eating your portion, Champ," Raihan said.

"I can't hear," You murmured, turning up the volume on the TV.

You all were currently watching a gym challenger face Milo, the grass gym leader. You studied Milo's battle tactics, trying to get a grasp of how his pokémon fought.

"Suicune should be able to handle Milo. This battle doesn't look too difficult," You said, eating your portion of rice.

"Glad to hear Y/N," Leon said. "Do you plan on catching any other pokémon?"

"No."

"No? Why not?"

"Because why should I? Suicune can handle anyone. I don't need any other pokémon," You explained.

"You can't expect to beat me with just a single pokémon Y/N," Raihan said, placing both hands behind his head. "My gym specializes in double battles. No matter how powerful Suicune is, it can't handle two on one."

"...Wanna bet, Raihan?" You asked, a confident smile across your face.

"Sure, if you'd like."

"Okay then. If Suicune can beat two of your pokémon by itself, then you'll have to give me a Dragon Gym Badge. Plus...I also want your jacket. If you have a spare," You explained. Raihan laughed and wrapped an arm you, pulling you closer to him.

"If you wanted my jacket you could've just asked Y/N," Raihan said. "If Suicune loses, you can't participate in my gym until you have at least two pokémon. Plus, you'll owe me a favor."

"A favor?" You asked. "Like what?"

"Hey now..." Raihan set his head on top of yours and rubbed your side. "You don't plan on losing, now do you?"

"Of course not."

"Then whatever the favor is doesn't matter now does it princess..."

Leon loudly cleared his throat, stopping the conversation between you two.

"Y/N, I don't think this is a good idea. Wouldn't you agree, Raihan?" Leon said, gently pulling you towards him and giving Raihan a disapproving look. Raihan shrugged and you spoke.

"It's okay Leon. I don't plan on losing," You explained. "Suicune can handle anyone. Well...besides Charizard I guess."

"You guess?" Leon said, smiling a little.

"Well yeah, we never finished our battle so I'm not sure. Nothing personal Champ."

Raihan snickered and Leon sighed.

"...He's...already rubbing off on you," Leon murmured. "A-anyway, although I don't approve of the bet, Raihan does make a valid point. It's important to have versatility when building a team. Suicune is tough, but it would probably struggle to reach Charizard in a Champion's Cup. You have to face my five other pokémon before you can face Charizard."

"Five? That's...quite a few," You murmured. "If I were to get another pokémon, what type would you suggest?"

"Dragon, of course," Raihan said.