Chapter 30: Let's Adopt Hop!

"Hi Hop!"

"Oh! Hi Y/N! What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to adopt you! Now pack your things! We're leaving right now!"

You hurried Hop into his room and Hop laughed, grabbing a bag and some few essentials. One of your hands reached down to rub the top of Wooloo's head while you patiently waited.

"I can't wait to go exploring with you Y/N!" Hop exclaimed, throwing some clothes out of his closet. "Mum wasn't too fond of the idea at first, but once I mentioned how much Lee likes you, she was more open to us adventuring together!"

"That's awesome Hop! So she's okay with me adopting you?" You asked, sitting on the floor.

"Well, yes and no. I have to be home by 9 pm on weekdays," Hop sheepishly said. "If we stay out later, I have to call and let mum know. Other than that, as long as I'm with a responsible adult, like you, Rai, or Lee, I should be alright!"

"Awesome! I won't let you out of my sight!"

Hop smiled and finished packing, slinging a backpack over his shoulders.

"Alright! I'm ready!" Hop exclaimed, picking Wooloo up. You smiled and pulled yourself up, Hop immediately noticing your leg. "W-wait Y/N! What happened to your leg?!"

"Oh. That's a long story..." You murmured. "But it's fine! Love heals all wounds. And I'm brimming with love for you, Hop!"

You patted the top of Hop's head and Hop blushed, squeezing Wooloo closer to his chest.

"I love you too Y/N! G-golly, Lee is really lucky to have someone as sweet as you are!" Hop said.

"A-as if! I am not sweet!" You exclaimed, your cheeks tinting pink. Hop laughed and you turned away, making your way outside. "A-anyway, let's get going!"

Once the two of you were outside, you grabbed a pokéball from your waist and threw it high into the air. Suicune emerged, landing on its two feet before looking directly at both you and Hop.

"Hi Suicune! Can you take me and Hop back-"

Suicune growled, causing you to stop mid-sentence. When your pokémon approached you and sniffed both your leg and the top of your head, you remained quiet.

"Oh... I smell a bit different, don't I?" You asked, looking yourself over. "I have been hanging around Raihan and Leon a lot. So that's probably what you're picking up on... And as for my leg, it was my fault."

"You can understand what Suicune is saying?" Hop asked.

"Pretty much! We've known each other for a while, so I understand what Suicune is saying!" You said, hugging one of Suicune's legs. Suicune licked the side of your face and you smiled. "Aww!! Hey Suicune, can you take me and Hop back to Leon's place?"

Suicune nodded and crouched down, allowing both you and Hop to climb on its back. Once you were both settled, Suicune pulled itself up and raced off.

"So, what should we do first?" Hop asked.

"I have no idea! Adopting you was my main priority," You sheepishly said. "How about we stop for lunch later on? Oh! Or maybe we can annoy your older brother and Raihan! Oh!!! I've got an even better idea!!!"

Hop laughed and you smiled, turning your attention to Suicune.

"Suicune, can you stop by the nearest body of water?" You asked. Suicune nodded and made a sharp left, racing towards the edge of a large cliff.

"U-um Y/N! We're a-approaching this cliff pretty fast!!!" Hop exclaimed.

"It's alright Hop! Suicune's got this! Just hold on tight!!"

Suicune jumped off the large cliff, suspending itself in midair before gravity took place. Both you and Hop screamed as you fell. The drop was far, and the large lake below approached fast.

"Y/N!!! We're gonna die!!!" Hop exclaimed, holding onto both you and Wooloo for dear life.

You laughed and Hop braced for impact, closing his eyes in the process. When everything grew quiet, Hop opened his eyes, noticing that deep water was directly under Suicune's feet. None of you were sinking.

"W-what's going on!?" Hop asked. Wooloo squirmed and Hop lost his balance, your hand reaching out to steady him.

"Careful Hop. This lake is pretty deep..." You said, smiling a little. "We're currently standing on top of water. Suicune can walk across any water surface... Pretty cool huh?"

"Wow! That's a-amazing Y/N!!! Suicune is so cool!!"

"Hehe. Is Suicune cooler than Leon's Charizard?" You asked, a sly smirk across your face.

"O-oh w-well I um...C-charizard is really awesome. Not t-that Suicune isn't awesome... I just...um..."

Hop's cheeks flushed red and you laughed, patting the top of his head.

"Aww! I was just joking Hop! I know Charizard is one of your favorites. There's no denying that." You reached in your bag and pulled out your phone. "Here, let's take a picture together!"

Hop moved closer and you both smiled, snapping a quick photo. Before you could put your phone away, it slipped out your hands, falling into the deep water below you.

"W-whoops! Darn it. Let me get that."

You removed your bag and hopped off Suicune's back, diving into the deep water below. You winced when you felt the water move across your injured thigh.

"W-wait Y/N maybe this a bad idea!" Hop exclaimed. "You shouldn't be swimming! Plus this water is really deep!"

You pulled yourself back to the water's surface and smiled.

"It'll only take a second," You said, your tone reassuring. "Suicune, take Hop to the shoreline please."

Suicune nodded and you dived deep into the water, your eyes scanning the area. The farther you went down, the more difficult is was to see. You turned your attention to something nearby, noticing that your phone looked to be lodged between two pointy rocks.

There it is.

When you reached out, your phone lit up, showing a person's name onscreen. The light illuminated your surroundings just enough to see what you had missed. Your phone was not lodged between two rocks...

But between teeth.

Your eyes widened as huge beady eyes looked directly into yours. You froze in place, petrified with fear. The pokémon looked to be a Gyarados.

A really angry one.

You snapped back into reality and swam as fast as you could back to the surface, your head emerging for a split second to call out Suicune's name.

"S-Suicune! Some assistance!!!"

You were then harshly pulled back underwater, you leg stuck between the Gyarados' teeth. The pokémon pulled you farther down as your world began to spin. The surface light disappeared, and the water pressure became crushing. As this rate, you'll be dead in less than a minute.

Your leg slipped from the pokémon's teeth and you felt a brief moment of relief. It didn't last long however, because the Gyarados made a sharp turn back in your direction, its mouth opened wide. You closed your eyes and braced for impact, accepting the fact that this day may be your last.

~

84k reads! And 30 chapters Oh my Arceus!!! This calls for a celebration!

I've been working on something a little...different for this story. It isn't what I typically write, so you'll just have to wait and see hehe...