Chapter 24: A Fight for What's Right!

While waiting for Leon to arrive, you used the extra time to feed both Toxel and Espurr. Toxel happily ate his food and now slept peacefully in your bag. Espurr, on the other hand, scarfed down four plates of food and passed out on the ground.

"I really need to teach Espurr some manners," You murmured, returning Espurr to his pokéball.

"Yeah, no kidding," Raihan said.

"Hey guys!!!"

Both you and Raihan turned around, immediately recognizing Leon's voice. Leon made his way over to the two of you and smiled.

"Fancy seeing you two here! Hi Y/N~" Leon exclaimed. He pulled you into a tight hug and your cheeks tinted pink.

"Hi Leon...I c-can't breathe."

"Oh! Sorry~"

Leon loosened his grip on you and you sighed.

"You're late Leon. Did you get lost?" You asked.

"Yep!"

"Why are you excited about that?" You said, laughing a little. "I swear, it's like I have to raise children."

"I'm not excited about that! I'm excited to see you~ So, how was your time away from me? Horrible right?" Leon moved closer to you, his eyes sparkling. "You missed me, right?"

"Um...I guess?"

"I thought so!" Leon leaned in close and kissed your cheek, causing you to blush. "Because I missed you too~"

"Aww, how sweet. You know, I missed you too Champ," Raihan said, draping an arm over Leon's shoulder. You noticed that Raihan seemed happy, but his body language screamed trouble. You calmly stepped away from the two.

"Yeah, whatever you say Raihan," Leon said, rolling his eyes.

"Say Champ..." Raihan leaned in close. "Mind telling me how Y/N got that mark on her neck?"

"That's none of your business Raihan."

Raihan's arm tighten around Leon's neck and Leon winced in pain.

"I don't want to hear your excuses Champ."

Leon attempted to remove Raihan's arm, but Raihan only tightened the grip, effectively putting Leon in a chokehold.

"Get. Off. Me," Leon said through gritted teeth. Raihan remained silent as he leaned Leon forward and tightened the hold even more. Leon's eyes shut as both his hands clawed at Raihan's arm.

"Raihan stop!! He's choking!" You exclaimed.

"Not until he apologizes," Raihan said.

"I d-did nothing wrong," Leon choked out.

Leon kicked Raihan's left leg and the two fell forward, landing hard on the ground. Leon recovered first and held Raihan down.

"Leon! Don't!"

Leon landed a solid punch across Raihan's face, the blow strong enough to scare you. When Leon removed his fist, he noticed that Raihan had the most unamused look across his face.

"Really? You call that a punch?" Raihan asked, bored out of his mind. Blood trickled down the side of his mouth.

"I don't want to hurt you Raihan," Leon said.

"That's funny."

Leon attempted to land another blow, but Raihan stopped the punch with his bare hand. He then yanked Leon off top him and slammed the Champion face-flat into the ground.