Chapter 34: A Chairman and His Secretary!

"Hop! Rise and shine sleepyhead!"

Hop's eyes slowly opened as he yawned, sitting up in bed. He looked around his room multiple times.

Strange...

There was no one else there. But he was sure he heard someone speaking. Was it a dream?

"Down here!"

Hop turned his attention to a window near him, noticing your voice was coming from outside. Once Hop opened the window, he found both you and Suicune down below.

"Good morning!" You said, a bright smile across your face. "Get dressed! We're gonna be late!"

"Late? For what?" Hop asked.

"You'll just have to wait and see! Now let's hop to it!"

~

"We're watching the Championship Match at the STADIUM?!" Hop exclaimed, his eyes sparkling.

"Yep! Now stay close! I don't want to lose you in this crowd."

Hop held onto your shirt as the two of you navigated through a large crowd of people. You were currently near the entrance of the Wyndon Stadium, searching for Leon. He hadn't given you tickets yet, so you couldn't enter.

"Leon... Where are you?" You murmured, dialing his number yet again. Your thoughts were pulled elsewhere when the crowd outside began cheering and screaming. They pushed past both you and Hop in a hurried manner, much to your annoyance.

"Arceus, what's with all the commotion!?" You asked.

"I think they spotted someone," Hop sheepishly said. You turned your attention to the swarming crowd, hearing their odd comments.

"Raihan!!! Step on me Senpai!!!"

"I wanna park my face on your chesttttt!!!"

"Leon! Please use your G-Max Wildfire on meeeee!!!!"

You sweatdropped as you covered Hop's ears, thoroughly embarrassed by the crowd's comments.

Arceus, they were so thirsty.

Both you and Hop moved through the large crowd, getting a clear view of both Leon and Raihan. You also saw two other people you didn't recognize. It was a man in a suit and a tall woman with blond hair. The small area they were standing in was blocked by security guards, so you couldn't get too close.

"Hop, who are those people?" You asked.

"Oh, that's Chairman Rose," Hop explained. "And the person next to him is Oleana. She's his secretary."

Ah. So that's how Leon's boss looked.

"Ladies and Gentlemen," Rose calmly said. The crowd grew quiet. "We appreciate the enthusiasm! I believe this Championship Match will go down in Galar history."

"However," Oleana said. "I suggest you all refrain from such distasteful comments-"

"Raihan!!!! Kick Leon's arse!!!"

That single random comment caused the crowd to go wild yet again, the flash of the cameras becoming blinding. Raihan grinned and Leon smiled. Both you and Hop laughed.

"Lee! Lee! Over here!" Hop shouted. Leon continued to smile and wave at the crowd, completely oblivious to Hop's calls. "He can't hear me!"

"The crowd is too loud! I can barely hear myself!" You exclaimed.

The atmosphere was suffocating. As the crowd screamed and bumped up against you, your world began to spin. Hop was pushed around and lost his balance, falling to the ground below.