Chapter 16

~Everyone deserves a chance to fly~

(Same time as Tyro's and Kingide's conversation)

Domonic's POV

I sat on Amo's bed as he brushed his teeth in his on-suite bathroom. "So we are going together, right?" I shouted to him, I heard a gargled response followed by the running off the tap. "Yes definitely" he said again, clearly. "Make sure you keep your hands to yourself, we have 3 days together" I flirted, he shot back a wink and we both started laughing till our stomachs hurt. We were like this, empty, harmless flirting. It's a shame sometimes I let myself believe it's real and that there is an inkling of a chance that when he says those nice things he means it, but there isn't. Lucky me, note sarcasm. He sat next to me on his bed, he nudged my shoulder, playfully. "What you thinking about, princess?" I looked at him and smiled a little, "nothing important" I replied, laying down on his comfortable sheets. "Where do you think we would go?" he asked inquisitively, I simply shrugged. "Somewhere remote probably", I didn't like the fact that an evil empire could hunt us down but as long as I was with Amo I don't think I'll mind too much. "As long as I'm with you then I'm happy" he playfully smirked as he made a kissy-face. I laughed at his silliness and hoped that maybe it was true but I knew it couldn't be, not in this lifetime. "Well then, you better stick close to me then" I said just above a whisper to him as I turned to face his lying body next to mine. He let out a small chuckle, "I will" he muttered, so silently I almost didn't hear it. 

I ambled back to my room when I noticed Eustace's door slightly open and heard cute little laughs inside. Dax and Stace were very cute together, I knew they weren't officially together but it was evident that they had developed feeling for each other. Not that I blame them, Stace is beautiful and sweet whilst Dax was handsome and had an amazing personality. They just fit together beautifully. My mind drifted to King and Tyro, they were very strange. King was nice and slowly opening up to us and becoming more social yet Tyro was still as closed as he was when we all first met, except with King. I wonder what she did to make him so open with her. One day I woke up early and heard them talking in Tyro's bedroom, which is opposite mine. They sounded like best friends who had been together for ages but I doubt they knew each other before this. Amo would've told me since Amo and Tyro knew each other. 

I heard King and Tyro talking downstairs, I could barely hear what they were saying but by the sound of it they were joking around and happy, they seemed to be comfortable around each other to a certain extent. I assumed they were going together and texted Blake our pairs before drifting off into a dreamless sleep, my favourite kind. That way I don't have to pretend to be happy in my sleep nor be scared out of my wits in my nightmares. Dreamless sleeps were the best, no interactions, no images, no scenarios just peaceful, beautiful sleep.

I woke up the next day, 8.07am to be exact. I showered, brushed my teeth and changed into a V-neck sleeveless top and some leggings, I enjoyed comfort. I waddled down the stairs and into the kitchen. I assumed Amo was still asleep, this morning I wouldn't be graced with his scrumptious cooking. It's not that I can't cook, because I can, but he is better. If he wasn't a mad scientist with control issues he could definitely be a high end chef, living in a mansion, owning 4 cars. The high life. I chuckled at the scenario I played in my head just as King walked up the stairs from the underground training area. "Hey girl" I hollered, she chuckled and replied "Hey Domo". "How was training?" I asked as I cracked a few eggs over the big frying pan, "Good, tiring but I needed it", "make some for me, will ya?" she continued with a fake pouty face. I laughed at her silliness and nodded then blew her a kiss as she bid me adieu to return to her room to get showered. She blew one back as she made her way up the stairs. King and I had a very great friendship, as with Eustace as well. Girls got to stick together. 

I hummed 'Fireflies' by Owl City as I cooked King, Amo and I's breakfast. I was almost done when Amo emerged into the kitchen, "yum, that smells good. You're making some for me right?" he asked as he kissed my temples due to him being a lot taller than me. Heat raced to my cheek as I bowed my head to avoid him noticing, "your so adorable when you blush" he laughed, I kicked his shin, not too hard, "yes I'm making some for you, idiot. Now can you go away?" I hissed through my teeth as I turned my attention back to the sizzling sunny-side-ups. "Ok, fine" he huffed as he exited the area. I let out a small sigh as I focussed on getting my cheeks to stop reddening at the memory of what had just occurred. I haven't been with these people for long but even in the short time I've known them, they have become more my family then anyone else I have ever met.