"Bye guys," Ron says. 

"Bye, Ron," I try to turn around to say but Carl tightens his grip and starts walking faster. "Carl, what the fuck is up with you?" I ask when we are out of earshot of Ron. 

"What do you mean?"

"What do I- Carl you're acting weird!"

"Am I?" Carl laughs.

"Yes! Like, why are you holding me right now?" I giggle. 

Carl shrugs and moves his arm back down to his side. I look away to hide my disappointment and scold myself mentally for even saying anything. Carl chuckles again.

"What?" I look at him and ask. 

"You like it," Carl says.

"Like what?"

Carl returns his arm to my waist. "This." I just roll my eyes as we make our way to the prison.

We enter the room of cells and as we pass mine I start to go in but Carl grabs my waist tighter instead of letting go.

"Where the hell are you going?" He asks me. 

I stare at him. "To... my room?" I say. 

"No you're not." He lifts me up by the back of my legs and I wrap my arms around his neck as I gasp in surprise. He carries me over to his cell and plops down on the chair with me still in his lap. 

"Did Rick actually ask me to help with the plan?" I ask. 

"Nope."

"Well, Carl, I can leave so I'm not distracting you!"

"No. You can sit on my lap until I'm done figuring out a plan," Carl insisted, wrapping an arm around my back so I don't fall. His sentence gives me butterflies and sends chills throughout my body. He grabs a paper and a pencil and starts writing notes and sketching while I sit there, shocked.

I have to say something and the only thing I can think of is, "Carl?"

"Hm?" He answers, not stopping what he's doing. I don't say anything because I don't know what I want to say next. He finally drops his pencil, looks up at me, and starts dragging his fingers up and down my thigh. I get goosebumps and Carl notices. "What?" He chuckles. "Does that feel good?"

I laugh. "Yes, but Carl stop!" 

"I don't think I want to," Carl says, smiling. He continues tickling my leg and I keep laughing, which makes Carl laugh as well. 

"Why are you so happy?" I giggle. 

"Because I think I figured out a plan. And I have a beautiful girl on my lap." He kisses my shoulder. 

My cheeks turn red and I rest my head on Carl's. "Why'd you tell Ron that?" I ask. 

Carl shrugs. "I guess I was jealous."

"Jealous? Of what?"

"That you would like him and not me. Because I like you a lot, Y/N."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "But- Carl what about Enid?"

He shakes his head. "I only said that so I wouldn't ruin our friendship if you didn't like me back. But I had to tell you. I couldn't hold it in anymore." Carl kisses my forehead this time, lingering for a little bit longer. 

I want to tell him so bad about the huge crush I've had on him for years. I want to tell him that he is perfect to me in every way. But I'm so speechless that all I can do is press my lips to his. He immediately kisses back tightening his grip on my back and moving his other arm to the back of my neck. He bites my lower lip and slips his tongue in my mouth. I don't pull apart until I am out of breath, and when I do I look into his eyes. I can't help but go back for more. He lifts me up and pushes me against the wall, still kissing me. "Carl," I manage to get out. 

He pulls away and says, "Yeah?" with a bit of concern in his voice. 

"The plan," I whisper with a smile. 

"That can wait," Carl says and smashes his lips to mine again.

I pull away. "Carl, you have to! Your dad will be back soon and you need to have it done!"

He rolls his eyes playfully and groans. "Fine." He sits back down on the chair and turns towards me. He pats his lap motioning for me to come over. I smile and return to the position I was in on Carl, resting my head on his chest. 

When Carl finishes with the plan he doesn't say anything, just plays with my hair and rests his chin on my head. The curtain to the cell opens suddenly and we both look over to see Rick. He pauses for a moment looking between the two of us, who are both frozen, and then says, "Did you finish the plan? We're meeting out here in 5 minutes to see everybody's."

"Yeah, Dad. It's right here." Carl removes the hand that was playing with my hair to lift up the paper. 

Rick nods once and then shuts the door on his way out. 

"At least it wasn't Glenn or Maggie," I say. "We wouldn't hear the end of it."

Carl laughs. "Honestly. At least we have the night to prepare ourselves for the teasing coming our way."

"Oh, no, Carl. The teasing is done. It's the 'finally's and 'we always knew' that we have to prepare for."

He kisses my cheek and says, "Well, it's worth it to be with you."

Carl. Please. I want one.