Chapter eighteen

Cassidy's POV

Cassidy's POV

“We are down to a day and you guys have been doing fairly well. I am impressed, ” Mrs Phillips said, “Also thank Brendan for the posters, he helped out a lot but for now, let's get back to practice.”

We scurried back to our places. Mrs Phillips added a kissing scene to it to give the audience what they will love. Kissing Clive wouldn't be a problem since he was my best friend. Right?

“How did it went?” Clive asked me, fixing the prince-charming suit he was wearing.

“How did what went?”

Brendan and you, yesterday?”

I tucked a wave of hair behind my ears, “Nothing happened. I just helped him with the posters and that's it, ” I half lied to him. Brendan was going to kiss me for sure yesterday and the way he looked at me, felt off and strange at the same time.

“Why do I feel like there's more to it, ” he arched his brow, reading my facial expressions.

I raffled his hair, “There's nothing more to it and those hideous photos he took of me, are down now.”

He frowned, “I told you to stop doing that in public space, ” he whined.

We got into our space for the last part of the scene where the kissing and the marriage was going to take place. And so it began.

**

“Now you may kiss the bride, ” the pastor told me.

Clive stared inside my eyes deeply and I stared back in his. He carried his hands around my waist slowly then slowly leans forward, our faces inches away from each other.

I brought my face up in the attempt of kissing him but the bell cut us off.

“Okay, guys. We'll continue this evening. Change and go to your other classes, ” Mrs Phillips insisted, looking on a few papers in her hands as she made her way to the exit.

Not long after that Whitney walked inside the theatre while I was getting changed, pushing me and I almost fell, gaining the attention of the other students. Clive got a strong grip on me.

“Do you think I magically forgot about you? I told you to stay away from Brendan but I don't know if your ears are buried up to your ass, ” she crossed her arms over her chest and a few other girls were taking her side.

“Are you out of your mind!?” Clive defended me.

She looked Clive up and down, “Stay out of this. This is a girl's battle 101, cutie.”