Chapter nine

Cassidy's POV

Cassidy's POV

“You are messing up the lines, ” Clive groaned, dropping himself in bed with the scripts in his hand.

So you're guessing where I was. I was at Clive's house to practice our scripts together for the musical and my poor brain was frying.

I ran a hand over my hair and plopped down on the bed, “I'm sorry I guess.”

“You tried? You better not mess up the musical. We have to be perfect, ” he sat up, resting the papers on the bed.

“I am so exhausted and hungry, ” for the past two hours I was at Clive's house rehearsing my part for the musical.

“I am too but you have to get the lines correctly first. Okay, ” he brushed his hand over my cheek and I smiled.

“Fine.”

We started rehearsing and it took almost half an hour. I think I got the lines this time for sure.

“Finally. We still on for the beach thing?”

I reached over for the box of doughnuts on the bedside table, “Yes but I am longing for these doughnuts.”

Clive's phone beeped and he checked it.

“Ooooo, is that your crush texting you?” I asked with my mouth half-filled with a doughnut.

“How funny? Check your phone again.”

Reaching for my phone and going inside the Instagram app on Brendan's page, I almost dropped the box of doughnuts on the floor, “How could he? He took another?” pressing on his photo I could see that he tagged Whitney in it.

I pressed on Whitney's page and saw a photo of me again when I walked in the theatre earlier on today and she wrote a little something under it.

When your boyfriend broke up with you and your life is a disaster, it gets crazier.

I read a few other comments and they weren't cute at all.

I threw my phone on the bed and dropped myself on Clive, “I am never attending a party ever again, ” I mumbled in his chest.

He hugged his arms around me, “They will get over it and I will take care of Brendan for you.”

“No...I told you that I will take care of him myself.”

“Okay. I just don't want anyone to mess around with you, only me ” he caressed my hair.

“Aww...that's so sweet, ” I raffled his hair a little. I knew he hated it.

“Ah come on Cas. I hate when you do that, ” he groaned.

I smiled, “Still on for that beach thing tomorrow?”

“How could I miss that especially when you will be there.”

“Okay. I just wanted to know.”

We resumed practising the scripts until it was time to go home.

-*-

“Cassette!” I yelled as I dropped my backpack in the couch and turned the television on.

I saw her walking with a man from her room and my eyes literally popped out.

“Your back, ” she said and stopped where I was seated with the man.

“And who's this, big sister?” I asked, looking at her then at the strange man I wasn't familiar with.

“This is Alfred. Consider him your brother-in-law.” she hugged him towards her.

“Nice. Nice to meet you, Alfred. I am Cassidy and you are free to come here whenever you like, ” he was your average type of guy. Nothing too extreme about him and that's okay. I love an average and normal guy.

“Maybe I should, ” the base of his voice was almost like a boom box.

“Oh, and he has a brother your age. I think you should meet him, ” speaking of which, I needed to go by Brendan's place for the project.

I was so tired after I went to Clive's place and I just needed to do it for the sake of my grade. Stupid Art class!

“Do you have a car?” I asked Alfred.

“I do. What do you want?” he asked.

“Actually I have to meet someone for a group project and looking at the time...” I read the time on my phone, “I am already late.”

“Where exactly?”

I took the card out of my backpack that Brendan gave me and showed it to him, “There.”

“Actually, that's where I am heading.”

“That's great then. Let's go, ” I got up and walked out with Alfred to his car but before he did just that he pecked Cassette on the lips.

When we were now inside the car he drove down to his place. We didn't really talk that much but he was kinda cool. He told me about his life history and also about his brother, well his adopted brother.

We both exited the car and his place was quite huge. It was amazing.

“Your house looks great, ” I told him as I closed the car door.

“Well thank you, ” he walked me inside and was now opening the door for me to get in.

I have to hype Cassette up when I get back home.

She found a true gentleman who generally seemed to have respect for females.

When I entered the house I saw a girl walking to the exit but she looked familiar. She was one of the cheerleaders from school. Why do I have a strange feeling about this? Wait.

After her, I saw a shirtless Brendan walking to the living room.

Oh great.

--

Hello. Thank you so much for reading and enjoying this book. I really appreciate it. Remember, to vote, comment and share. A bonus chapter for the next update.

Q: What are your thoughts for this chapter?

Stay tuned
Krystal.