Chapter fourteen

Bad Boy's Ain't Bad

Bad Boy's Ain't Bad

Cassidy's POV

For some reason, I've been thinking about what Brendan told me. But then I thought it made no sense to me at all. Clive and I were known to be best friends. Maybe Brendan was just saying that to get to my head.

I was on my way to the theatre. A few of my other schoolmates were rehearsing their scripts. Clive always sat at his small corner, wearing that genuine smile that made my heart smiled at ease.

I walked over to him and sat down, hugging my arms around him, “How are you?”

“With you here, I think I am fine, ” he told me, murmuring in my hair.

“Why so?”

“Mom was in surgery yesterday. I'm a little bit worried, ” he said.

“And you haven't told me. I can't imagine what you're going through. I really am sorry.”

“Don't be. She's strong. She will pull through, ” he told me, slightly smiling, “So...have you practised your scripts?”

“I did. Did you?”

He sighed, looking down at the scripts in his hands, “I tried to.”

“Listen to me. She will be fine. Take your mind off it a little bit. Okay?”

He nodded, “Okay, ” he pulled his bottom lip between his teeth.

Apart from all this, I could hear a few murmurings and chattering.  Now I knew what the problem was. Everyone was talking about me and how I had sex with Brendan when I sure did not. Talk about rumours and boys like Brendan.

“This is definitely not happening, ” I rubbed my temples.

“It is. You didn't do it so just try your hardest to ignore them, ” Clive told me.

“I will try, ” I told him.

--

I was tucking myself in the Cinderella dress while the other girls were bickering about me as they changed into their costumes. Breathe. I need to breathe.

When I was ready, I went out on set to get in line for rehearsal. For once, the bickering ceased. Clive was all suit up in his Prince charming outfit, making my smile glowed. He was handsome.

“Okay students. The musical is four days away. Today, we are not using the scripts. I hope you rehearsed your lines and remember them. We are rehearsing the second to last scene and we should start in about five minutes. In the meantime, recap your lines until the time is up, ” Mrs Phillips told us and we listened.

Clive walked to where I was and his smile grew wider, “I mean, you really are Cinderella.”

“I should say the same thing about you. Quite the prince type, ” I raffled his hair and he frowned.