Chapter seven

Cassidy

Cassidy

It was close to midnight and I had way too many drinks even though Clive told me not to drink as often as I should. I was on the table with a few people around, cheering me on to strip. Guess I was in a game of striptease.

“Take your shorts off, ” a man told me from the group of people.

I was being the dumb person, listening to the man, slowly opening the button on my shorts.

Clive pushed through the crowd like the brave superman but Brendan beat him to it.

Brendan grabbed around my waist and pulled me down for the table, making the crowd angry, “I think that's enough.”

“No...put me back up there. If you don't I'll kiss you, ” I said to him with my head a little bit fuzzy.

“You are drunk. I should get you somewhere, ” he was taking me to the couch but Clive stopped him.

“I can take it from here, ” Clive told Brendan. His stare hardening on Brendan.

“I don't think you can.”

“What do you mean you don't think I can? She's my best friend. And who are you? Nothing, ” he tried taking me from Brendan's grip.

“Boys...boys. Clive...take me home, ” I told him, almost falling from Brendan's arms.

Both Clive and Brendan stared hard at each other. I guess this was a staredown as in a showdown.

Clive took me from Brendan's arms then he left. I know by any minute now that Clive would be pissed at me.

“I told you not to drink too much. Why are you so stubborn?” he glared at me, taking me outside to his car.

“I just had one drink. One.”

“One drink? You had the entire bar. One drink will not cause you to almost strip yourself in front of those horny men, ” he puts me inside the car and closed the door, walking to his side of the car and getting in.

“Are you upset? Can I sing you a song to make you happy?”

So this was what happened when I consumed too much alcohol. I tend to get stupid and act foolishly if you don't mind me telling you.

“Of course not, Cassidy. I specifically told you not to drink too much, ” he drove off.

“I think I'm sorry...I mean...you look so hot, ” I dropped a hand on his leg.