20

"Kacy, lets go we're going to dads!" I yelled throughout the house. Kaleb put his hands on his ears and I chuckled. "My bad bub," I kissed his head.

Kacy came pounding down the stairs. "Let's go let's go! I haven't seen dad in forever!" She said excitedly.

I laughed and strapped Kaleb in his seat as Kacy jumped in the front seat.

"It seems like we haven't bonded in a bit. How are you Kace?"

"I'm good. Marissa keeps trying to set me up with guys."

"Well she better set you up with somebody good as hell. Kyler, Kenny, and I will have to have some serious talks with him."

She shook her head at me as I pulled into dads driveway and she bolted into the house.

I chuckled and grabbed Kaleb before heading inside.

"Hey dad," I smiled and kissed his cheek. He took Kaleb in his arms and Kacy hugged his waist. Monkeys.

"Pop pop!" Kaleb yelled.

I laughed and took a picture, posting it on Instagram. "My loves💞🐒"

"You sure you got them dad? I can stay," I suggest.

"No no. You can go on out. You and I can hang out some other time, or just come by later. I haven't seen these two in months. Plus, your grandpa is coming over soon. I'll see you later Kode," he smiled at me.

I nodded and kissed Kaleb's cheek, "I'll see you later baby. Be good."

I headed out the door and headed to the cafe. Ella and I have been hanging out a lot more recently. Having little get togethers at my house or hers, hanging out with each others families, eating out, sharing kisses, holding hands. I've been thinking about asking her to be my girlfriend lately. I think I'll do it soon.

I pulled up to the cafe. I ordered two coffees and a panini and sat in my usually corner and waited for Ella.

Ella came in and sat down "hey Kode, is this coffee mine?"

"Yes ma'am. I remembered your order." She smiled as she took a sip out of the mug.

"Thank you," she smiled. "What're we doing today?"

"Well, I was thinking maybe we could go see my dad, and then we could skateboard. I could teach you a little bit?" I asked, hopeful. There was a hint of worry and hesitance in her eyes. She sucked in her bottom lip. "We don't have to though," I said quickly. I didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

"We can go see your dad. I'm not too sure if I want to skateboard yet."

"Alright. Let's go wuss," I said.

She smacked my arm. "I'll follow you in my car," she grumbled.

I pulled into my dads driveway.

"You both are loaded huh?" Ella said as she looked at the house in awe. I chuckled at her and laced our fingers together.

"Hey dad! Back already," I yelled. I heard a little scream of excitement and Kaleb emerged from the living room, but he went to Ella's legs instead of mine. My mouth dropped open in shock and fake hurt.

"Haha!" Ella laughed as she picked Kaleb up. "You like me more than your momma huh?" She cooed at him.

I rolled my eyes. "He does not. He just hasn't seen you in a long time. He got excited." I grumbled.

"Sure," she laughed and tickled Kaleb's stomach. He squealed and dug his head into her neck. She smiled, putting her cheek on his head and rubbed his back. I smiled at the sight. I'm glad she likes him. If she didn't we would have a serious problem. If you're gonna be in a relationship with me, you gotta love my son.