08 | 𝚂 𝚃 𝙴 𝙿 𝙷 𝙴 𝙽

••

••

ALESSA

"Good girl. Now I have another surprise for you."

The words sounded like death bell. I knew he wasn't playing when he said he had another surprise and that surprise could never be good.

My eyes stared at him, I knew he could see fear in them, I could see the satisfaction in his dark eyes. His face was emotionless as he gave me a smirk before getting up and stepping out of the room, leaving me alone. I didn't feel anything, my body ached. I sat there as my eyes traveled back to the monitor in front of me. I could see my Nana and Leia but I couldn't hear them. They looked helpless, they didn't even have any idea about the cameras and Stephen's men surrounding every corner around my house, watching them 24/7 and waiting for Stephen's one command to finish their lives.

Any wrong move from you will end their lives. Got that?

The words played in my mind again and again. I couldn't risk their lives because of me. People call him a monster, inhumane for a reason. He wasn't lying when he said he would kill them, I saw the rage in his eyes. I was so much into my thoughts that I didn't realize the devil entering the room. He cleared his throat to get my attention and my eyes snapped up at him.

My confusion grew even more when I saw a big box in his hands. I waited for his next moves, watched his movements as he put the box down. The moment he opened the box from one side, my eyes widened, I could hear my heart thumping against my chest, sweat beads appeared on my forehead and chest even more. My bruised hands and legs started to tremble as I tried to move myself.

"No!" I screamed in my head. I was too numb to even scream, tears kept rolling as I looked at him, pleading to have mercy on me. I saw nothing, his face was totally blank no matter how much I begged. He only gave me a death glare before walking out and closing the door with a loud thud.

I sat there. I could hear them. I could hear those big rats running towards me. They looked wild and provoked, they looked so ready to attack me. They were so many in numbers that I couldn't even fight them.

"NO!" I finally found my voice. "Please! Don't do this! Please help!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I couldn't breathe, my vision blurred from lack of oxygen. "Rebecca! Help me!" I cried out the only name who could help me at that moment. I kept calling her like it was my prayer. I kept begging like my life depended on it.

I felt something poking near my feet. That's when I realized those rats were all around me. They were running, fighting each other, trying to find their way out of this dark room. I watched them in horror as I kept screaming, I was trembling violently, those rats were touching my skin, hitting my legs while attacking each other making me scream even more. I couldn't even move my legs, not even my hands. The rats were running wildly here and there, over my body, over my legs. I squeezed my eyes shut as I screamed.