Chapter 1

Max pov
It's been exactly 3 months since Angel set off a bomb that destroyed the base camp for
The Founders. She set off a reaction that had side effects for the whole human race. She saved the lives of billions, billions of people who would have suffered and most likely died.
Mutant War has come to a halt. For now we know that we are safe. There's a small chance that the war could come back but no was has thought about it. I got a telepathic message from Angel 3 months ago right after the explosion she set off, there has been no communication from her since then. Something changed her that day, something that she is even hiding from me. The professor is the only one that knows her secret. All I know is that she thought she was fine until she got in the air right after the explosion and found out she couldn't fly, broken wing she had said. She has been trying to get back on foot to the hotel. She said she might arrive in 3 months and it has been 3 months. Please baby just come home safe I say to myself.

Angel pov
Three log months of trudging through the desert. A backpack filled with 5 water bottles, 10 ration food packs, and a tent and blanket. I have met people along the way and gone though small villages and towns. If I hadn't come across people in these three months I would have died by the second week. My birthday was last week. I am now 8, and regretting how I've been forced to grow up so fast and keep reminding myself I'm not 30.
I have mastered my powers in these past three months. The professor would be pleased. He's 30 now, oh how times have flied. Life lesson for you to learn, enjoy each day, don't run through them, walk. See every detail, relish every memory and above all don't grow up fast. Be a kid as long as you can be. I never had a childhood. I am coming up on Beverly Hills now and can see that huge hotel that has been in my mind for the past three months. I adjust my sling on my arm and start running into town, I'm at 40 mph. I haven't gone this fast since I escaped the Founders base. I reach the hotel and about collapse when I get to the hotel door, yet I don't give up I keep going. I reach the elevator and it says "Elevator under repair, won't be operational for another week. Thank you for understanding." Dang it! I run to the fire escape and start jogging up the flight of stairs. 1st floor, 2nd floor, all the way to the 7th floor where I do end up collapsing on the professor's door step. Breath Angel, your here I say to myself. I must have made a noise because a second later Jean is looking out her door, then down to me, then yelling at someone in the room, then looking back at me. "Oh thank gosh your alive! We've been so worried! Max come here! Help me get Angel on a bed, I need to check her out." Jean says to me.
"It's nice to be back." I say coughing.