Chapter 17

Angel pov (continued)
I'm going skip forward to when we were getting ready to leave, just the night before. That night always seemed to quite for me. Something about going to fight the final battle brought a silence through the whole mansion. No one talked much, I heard the occasional crying from a few friends down the hall. I could hear them telling each other that this war woud be over and they would see each other soon. That when they came back everything would be normal again. Ha, nothing would be normal when they came back, not right away at least. Wounds take time heal, especially the mental ones.

"Hey Max, what's up?" I ask when she comes in to my room. "You're still up? We have to leave at 5AM. It's 1AM!" She says to me.
"I guess I lost track of time?....." I say innocently. "What is it really?" She asks. I'm suppose to be the telepath. How does she always know when I'm lying? It's her motherly instinct. "I was going over the final plans over and over making sure that as a leader of the team, we don't mess up." I say. "We won't, I know we will be fine." She concludes. Ronnie comes in sleepily. "Mama, I couldn't sleep." She states. "Come on Ronnie bear, I'll go read you a story." Then Max trudged off with Ronnie to go back to sleep. I closed my eyes and feel asleep. When I wake up its 4:30. I got at least a good 3 and half hours of sleep, not to bad. I get changed, grab my bag, and then meet up with my team in the bay where we keep the jet. Magneto was standing there playing with a quarter, he was weaving it around his fingers, occasionally throwing it across the room then stopping it before it hit the wall or dropped. "Hey Metal man." I say walking in. He looked like he was going to kill me for saying that. Alright "Sorry, hey Magneto." I state after that. He still looked mad, maybe he just has a permanent scowl on his face. I toss my stuff into the back of the jet and then meet up with my team. Thank gosh Magneto isn't on it, I might just have had to kill kill him.
'Would he like death by being pushed off a cliff, or by a noose?' I question to myself. The professor must have heard it, he just looked over at me and made a small smirk. He was holding back a laugh. Alright back to my team. "Are you guys ready? Do you have everything? I'm not going to be responsible if one of you forgot your phone. It would actually be good if you left it at home. This is a war, please don't text and shoot, it's dangerous people. Now that I covered that...anyone got questions?" Silence, I'll take that as a no.....
We get on the jet, only three out of 50 teams are on the jet, the others are on busses, boats, other various planes, some are even flying (wings, or some other way like teleportation). We touch down on the remote island at 6AM. Why does every enemy have to have a base somewhere freezing? Couldn't they choose Hawaii, or maybe Italy? Not someplace that's this cold and gloomy. I wouldn't have minded getting defeated in a tropical place. But here? I just want to get this over with. If your wondering where 'here' is, well it's Greenland. You know the place they show as being completely covered in snow, yet they call it Greenland. Anyways we make are way to the base. When we get there, all we see is s lake covered by ice ands small hut in the middle. "Anyone want to take a guess at where the heck this base is actually at?" I ask.
"It could be bigger on the inside...." Alex states. Of course that's what the kid would think, in his free time he watches Doctor Who and Sherlock like they are a drug. "The base could be underground." Jean states. "Well we'll find out won't we." I say. We are about to make are way to base when all of a sudden I here a rumble, then I feel the earth shake, then....*KABOOOMMMMMMMMM*.
I ran, not looking back, we all ran back towards the jet. "They blew up there own base?!" I yell at my team. wait guys there's a note laying near the jet.
It said:
"Mutants, you may have defeated us once and for all, but we still have fooled you today. When you go back to that place you call home, your going to have a rude awakening. Consider it one last gift from us."
It was signed by the head of The Founders.

That's when I should have known something was wrong, but no, my stupid gut just told me no, don't at all worry for everyone else, they will be fine. They are all safe at the school, they couldn't have been found. They must be lying, using there last chance to pull one on us, to scare us. My gut was terribly wrong. Drastically wrong.