Chapter 14

Jean pov
I wake up in the professor's office, he had left, probably to go greet all the kids. I push the blanket off me and get up. I have to go repack, talk to logan about the next mission, and also I'm hungry. I should probably go grab a muffin from the kitchen. When I get in to the kitchen Logan is sitting, reading that paper of his and drinking.....Root beer?
"What time is it?" I ask Logan. He mumbles back "5AM."
I slept through the night in his office. I really was exhausted I guess. "Are you ready for the next mission?" I ask grabbing some coffee to go with my muffin. That's when I didn't get to answer. Shadow, Ronnie's puppy came bolting into the kitchen. I tripped over her, my coffee flying everywhere. Logan is still reading the newspaper, he seems unfazed, turning the page occasionally. Max, Fang, Ronnie and Angel come into the kitchen as this is happening. I freeze the area for a minute. Grab my coffee, move the dog, and then continue. Max looked shocked at what was going on. Maybe because the same thing happened to her a few days ago. Fang didn't seem fazed. Ronnie was holding her teddy bear, yawning at the sight. She looked a bit excited at what was going on. Angel was a different story, she walked right back out saying "I'm not repeating last week all over again." The dog vanishes and then everyone continues doing their morning routine.
When I finished my breakfast I went back to my room. The same routine as with every mission. A few shirts, a few pants, my uniform, my med kit, a few other little things and a loaded 45mil. Hey, I'm not going into a war without being prepared. Even when your a mutant you can't always rely on your powers. So here I am, loading more mags for my 45, polishing my boots, and debating wether I should take 'The Giver' or 'Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban' to read. I end up choosing 'The Giver', you can never go wrong with a story like that.

Angel pov
"What do you mean I have to stay here this time?!" I yell at the professor. He had invited me to his office to talk about the war and our up coming missions. "I need you here Angel. Jean, Logan and Storm can take care of this next base. I need you here to help with the internal affairs of the war."
"Ha, politics. I don't do politics." I state.
"Not necessarily politics Angel. I need you to help me plan out our final attack. Get this war over with, make peace possible again."
"This war has been going on forever now." I say scowling at nothing in particular. I stare at a painting on the wall. It is a picture of all those famous people signing the Declaration of Independence. Then another, it was Charles when he was a kid, his mom, dad, and another girl who I only can assume is his sister. Hm...didn't know he had a sister. The professor says something, snapping me back into reality. "Angel?" He asks. "Sorry what?" I ask. "I need you to hope again Angel, I know this war is close to ending, it's seems like it has gone on forever but it will end. One time my future self came to tell me those exact words, it was a big problem in the future with war. He changed it, fixed it, at least I thought. But those words, they didn't mean a lot to me back then, until now. "Fine, I understand. I'll stay here, be a good little Angel, and help plan this last invasion. Which hopefully won't end in bloodshed." I say. Then I walk out. I'm going to go climb a tree, sit and watch the day go by, and dream of how the war will be ending soon.