37

——— + ———
toxic
——— + ———

"What the hell is she doing here?!"

"I'll leave you two to talk." My mother said, before getting up to leave my home.She smirked as she left, knowing all the chaos she caused.

"You need to go Ji-eun." I said firmly.

"I know, and you're right. But when she called me saying she'd let me see you—I couldn't pass that up."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I looked at her, in that moment she was pathetic to me. When would she realize that it was over?

"You need to see that you don't have a chance? Okay? I don't want to be with you anymore. Our divorce is final. Get out of my life." I said the sharp words, I could see them cutting her as each syllable came from my mouth.

"You don't have to be mean."

"I'm being honest, Ji-eun."

"I feel like I don't even know you anymore." She shook her head.

"Says the woman who lied to me our entire marriage."
I got up from the dining table and stormed toward me.

"You act like you're a fucking angel, Taehyung! You weren't the best husband either!" She yelled at me.

"I fucking ADORED you and treated you right! What're you talking about!?"

"Oh please—"

"No, this isn't my fault! You will NOT make you cheating on me MY fault!"

"If you adored me as much you said you did I wouldn't have had the time to cheat."

I felt the anger filling up my body when she said that. Everything became hot. And as she glared at me I got angrier. And then I slapped her.

——— + ———

I sat on my couch staring into the darkness. I felt like I was back. Back in my old apartment after Jungkook died. I kind of felt the same way. Except now I had no clue how to act.

How does one act when their fiancé comes back from the dead?

I felt a hot tear slide down my cheek as I replayed the events in my head. Picturing him, and the sensation when I reached out to touch him and he was really there. Part of me felt brought back to life and the other part felt lost by it. I wondered how he could lie to me and hurt me this way. I wondered how I could still think of loving him after it?

I sat there trying to rationalize this entire crazy ordeal. Trying to rationalize why it would be okay for me to see him again. Wondering why I would even want to? It's been a year without him and so much has changed.

Suddenly I got a text from Nayeon. I didn't pick up my phone at first but then she called me. And she called me again. The third time I picked up.

"What?"

"Have you seen it? There are articles about Mr.Kim now."

My heart began to beat a little faster.

"Okay. Bye." I said rudely before hanging up.

My hands began to sweat as I searched up Taehyung. The first news story made me freeze.

KYB INTERNATIONAL CEO KIM TAEHYUNG FATHERS CHILD WITH COMPANY EMPLOYEE!