23

——— + ———
no more
——— + ———

After breastfeeding Soobin, I put him down for bed. I could smell the aroma from dinner all the way upstairs so I tried to expedite the process. I was starving from a busy day. Yoongi was waiting on the bed on his phone for me to get ready.

"Can you put up your boob so we can go?" He sighed.

I chuckled. "I'm done now anyways. We can go down now."

We both left the room and went down stairs where Mother was setting out a beautiful spread. We were having a guest tonight, the man who bought the property. I guess she was trying to impress him, but her cooking was amazing regardless.

I sat next to Yoongi at the table. I don't know why I felt different around him now. Maybe it's because there's a label on us. I was excited for this new beginning. That finally there was a name for what we were both feeling for each other. That I could finally let the past be the past.

Father took his seat and Mother went to go get the door after a series of knocks. "Ah, Mr.Kim! Please come in and make yourself comfortable!"

I turned around to see the man who all the celebration was for and my heart nearly fell out of my chest. He caught my gaze and we locked eyes only for a moment.'I felt as if time had completely stopped.

I felt paralyzed in the moment. And vulnerable. Everything I had could instantly vanish with this man's arrival. He ignored me and sat down in the seat across from me. Yoongi gripped my hand from under the table bring me back to reality. "This is my son Yoongi and his wife Y/n." She lied. We awkwardly paid our respects and sat down.

"The meal looks beautiful Mrs.Min." He complimented, flashing her a smile.

"Well lets dig in!" Father announced heartily. Everyone began to eat their meals. I could barely focus on mine although it could very well be my last in this house. I was just waiting for my death sentence. I was waiting for him to expose me. But I'm sure he wanted me to feel that way and to let me know that the ball was in his court.

After a couple minutes of scattered conversation between the three of them, all the attention went to us. Mother didn't like that we weren't talking although she tried her best to hide it. She figured it would be easier to get Yoongi to speak up first. "My son Yoongi has been really busy lately working at the store but he got an undergraduate degree in marketing." She bragged on him, no doubt desperately attempting to network with the wealthy man.

"We always tell him it's a waste of a degree to just work at the family store your whole life." His father said. Yoongi said nothing and continued eating, never looking up. Taehyung smirked watching the scene. I knew Taehyung was loving this right now. That Yoongi wasn't as "good" as he was. Yoongi wasn't going to speak up for himself and embarrass his parents at the table but I would if I had to.

"His siblings live in cities with careers and things, our Yoongi is a homebody. But you know, he has family now to support so—"

"Yoongi loves living in Udo, it's a good place to raise the baby. I enjoy working at the family store too. I mean someone needs to be here for you all when you're older." I replied. Mother and Father seemed unphased

"This is also true." Father acknowledged. Conversation continued with periodic moments of silence as everyone ate their food.

"Where is you all's restroom?" Taehyung asked, sitting down his utensils.

"You can use the one upstairs, it's the first door." Mother instructed. He promptly got up to go use the restroom. A wave of anxiety went over me, realizing that Soobin was fast asleep up there. I wanted to jump out of my skin and run up the steps after him, but I couldn't. I sat quietly. And as Taehyung disappeared up the steps almost as if Soobin had read my mind he began to stir. I could hear his muffled cries from the dining room.

"I'll get him." I said hurriedly excusing myself. I practically sprinted up the steps and as I came onto the second floor I saw Taehyung stick his head out of the bathroom door, trying to track where the cries came from.

I stopped and we looked at each other in anger and in apprehension. I brushed past him and down the hallway to Soobin's room. I could hear his steps behind me. But I didn't stop him. I knew he wanted to see his son, and if I was nice about it maybe he'd lay off.

I stopped in front of the door and turned to face him. "This is what you've wanted?" I asked.

"It's not too much for a man to want to see his child. I want to be there for my child. I won't let you get in the way of that anymore." He said firmly , reaching for the door knob. I blocked his path.

"That is exactly why I left in the first place. You never said our child, Taehyung ."

"No, you left because you were selfish, and you didn't feel the same way about me. You could have just said that from the beginning-"

"You don't get to tell me how I felt! You don't know what the hell was going through!" I snapped, trying to keep my voice down.

"And you don't get to deprive me of fatherhood!" He snapped back at me.

"Now that the jig is up, I don't plan on it." I said folding my arms. I turned back around and eased open the door. Soobin continued to cry in his crib. I rushed over and leaned into his crib, cradling him into my arms. I shushed him and rocked him.

I turned and faced Taehyung, gesturing for him to hold the baby. He put his arms out. The expression on his face was surprised, I'm sure he didn't expect for me to give in so easily. But I was tired of running. There's no need anymore.

I placed Soobin into his arms and watched him study the boy's serene face in awe.

"His name is Soobin." I told him.

He nodded, still in a daze.

—— + ——

I was at a loss for words as I held my son in my arms. I felt like the world was spinning. I didn't know how to feel. All of my tensions, emotions and effort just for this precious moment. I couldn't believe I had a son.

I was surprised Y/n had so easily let me see the baby. I had truly come here expecting a dirty fight. I expected to be belittled and I expected aggression. And although I could tell she wasn't particularly excited about my arrival that she had no desire to continue going on as we had. But I hope she doesn't expect that these acts today will be enough for me. I want to raise my son.

I want to take him to Seoul.

AN: I really wanted to make up for my hiatus with a double update but I'm only half way done with the next chapter. Please leave comments on the story and vote! Thank you!