O/S 1 ~ I Can't See?

AU: None
Type: Fluffy platonic Wilbur and Tommy
Setting: Dream SMP, L'Manburg(after war, before Schlatt's reign)
Prompt: Tommy does something stupid, and gets repercussions for it, but the unexpected happens, and he gets worse consequences than anyone would ever need.

A/N: They are both very OOC, don't come at me
~~~~~~

Tommy needed ink sacs for one of his little 'builds' or whatever, he didn't really know at this point. He reached the river right outside of L'Manburg, searching for squids to get his desired ink sacs.

He dove after the closest one he saw, but ended up diving straight into it's mouth area, and got inked. Pretty stupid of the boy, honestly.

His vision disappeared, as usual when you get inked, so he wiped his eyes as he pulled himself onto the shore.

As he coughed unwanted water out of his lungs, he noticed that his vision hadn't come back yet. So, he did what anyone would do, and wiped his eyes more.

He didn't feel any ink on his hands afterwards, which left him utterly confused, because he still couldn't see anything. Infact, it was pitch black, and he couldn't even see the daylight shining through his eyelids.

He picked himself up, and went the direction he thought he came from, calling Wilbur's and Tubbo's names desperately.

He ran into multiple trees, and tripped lots, but eventually ran into a house. He felt around for a doorknob, or anything useful.

After walking around the side of the so called 'house' he fell into a hole in the wall. Knowing he didn't cross the bridge to get to his house, he concluded, from the way he went, that he had ran into the walls of L'Manburg.

He walked inside, calling Wilbur's name only now, but much louder than before. After calling for around a minute, he heard Wilbur's voice say, "Tommy? What happened?"

"W-Wilbur!" Tommy cried, quite pathetically he might add, but hey, he was alone for around an hour without sight, could you blame him?

Tommy stumbled towards the older's voice, and tripped lots along the way. He ran into what he could only assume was Wilbur's chest, and melted into it upon touch, like a hurt younger brother would to an older brother.

He could've broke down right there, but held it back because he didn't want Wilbur to think that he was weak.

Wilbur, much to Tommy's dismay, could tell that he wasn't okay, and could feel Tommy's slight shake as he tried not to cry. "What's wrong, Tommy? What happened?"

"I-I.... I c-can't...." Tommy finally broke down into Wilbur's chest, letting out ugly sobs from being alone, afraid, and blind for so long.

Wilbur shushed him, slowly sinking into the grass below, letting the younger cry. What had him this shaken up? He never cries, so what would lead him to be sobbing currently?

They stayed like that for a while, Tommy clinging to Wilbur like his life depended on it. It kinda did, in a way. Tommy's back slowly stopped shaking as violently as it was, and his cries started to quiet down.

The boy kept his face hidden in his adoptive brother's chest, while he said very quietly, "I... I can't see... anything, Wil.."

The taller of the two definantly heard him, as he pulled both of them to their feet, and kept Tommy close as he walked the two to the 'Camarvan'.

Pulling both into the poorly redesigned caravan, Wilbur set Tommy down into a seat, and let go of everything except the boy's hand so he would know where the older was.

"Tommy, please tell me what happened.. Why can't you see, or even open your eyes?" Wilbur was still very worried, and wanted to know how to help him.

"I-It hurts to open them, Wil..." Tommy really didn't wanna try, but he knew what Wilbur's next question would be.

"Can you try for me? I need to know what's wrong, Tom." Tommy reluctantly agreed, and tried his best to open them.

He could've cried at what happened. He felt his eyelids open, but it was still pitch black nothingness.

Wilbur teared up slightly at the sight of the younger boy's eyes. "Tommy.. how did this happen?"

"I-I needed some ink sacs for black dye.. and w-when I went to kill a s-squid..." Tommy trailed off, and hung his head, silently crying again.

"You got inked? It's not supposed to be permanent blindness... but your eyes tell a different story.." Wilbur looked into the boys lifeless eyes as he brought his head back up. "Tommy, your eyes are the dullest grey I've ever seen.. I could mistake you for a dead person.."

"W-What?!" Tommy started to violently sob more, and Wilbur pulled the small boy into his chest again.

"Shh, it'll be okay." Wilbur knew he was lying through his teeth, but he didn't want to panic the boy further.

"H-How do you k-know..?" Tommy wanted a definite answer. He wanted to see again. But, he knew deep down, he wouldn't get what he wanted.

"We're gonna go visit Dream, and see if he knows anything-" Before Wilbur could continue, Tommy pulled away.

"S-So you can't f-fix me?!" Tommy pointed his head in the direction of Wilbur, as he took his anger out on him verbally. He knew it wasn't his fault, but he didn't know what else to do.

"Tommy, we'll figure it out. I promise." Those words seemed to calm Tommy down a little, as he visibly relaxed.

Wilbur noticed the sun was setting, so he pulled Tommy aside, to a back wall. Tommy sat down, and Wilbur let go of the smaller entirely. As soon as he did, the boy seemed to go back into a slightly panicked mode, and Wilbur knew Tommy might not be able to sleep alone tonight.

"Wil? Can you stay with me until I fall asleep?" Tommy wanted to sleep with the taller, but he knew that he would say no.

"Of course, Tommy." Wilbur sat on the ground with his legs out, leaning against that wall, and layer Tommy down next to him, head in the older's lap.

The taller began to hum softly, playing with his hair, knowing that it would both calm the smaller, aswell as put him to sleep faster.

Tommy's breathing started to even out slowly, as he hummed the familiar tune along with his older "brother".

The humming from the younger boy ceased to exist, as he soon fell asleep.

Wilbur smiled softly, and noted how tired he was. He laid his head back, continuing to hum softly.

The taller still stroking the smaller's hair, fell asleep shortly after, never letting go of the boy.

They both slept peacefully with the other, knowing nothing could hurt them.

~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed!! <3
~Arctic