Chapter 32

AN: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed the last chapter. Sorry if it sucked, it was not as important, maybe the only important thing was the conversation with Aphrodite, but yeah. I know I need to make Zoë and Perseus talk, I'll see if I can do that in this chapter. Also, I also read a comment that said there was continuity issues. Sorry for that in past chapters, and I will do my best to make sure everything makes sense in the future. Also, the whole guns thing, thank you for pointing them out, and Perseus won't use them again. Thanks so much for the feedback, and please enjoy!

Recap:

"Love conquers all," Aphrodite said. "Just look at Helen and Paris."

Suddenly, Perseus' face steeled up. "We're done here. Thank you Lady Aphrodite, but we must be going now. I don't want to go into a history on the fucking retard and his whore who started the Trojan War, a conflict which I was a part of, if you remember correctly," he said, grabbing Max's arm and putting his hand on the door.

Aphrodite looked at Perseus. "I'm sorry. Not really, that was the greatest love story ever! Now, be careful of my husband's junkyard. Don't take anything," she said.

"You mean Hephaestus?" Max asked dumbly.

"Shit," Perseus swore, as they were thrown out of the car by Ares. "Looks like we are done with the goddess of love," he said under his breath.

Present:

"You two are lucky," Ares snarled.

"Why?" Max asked.

"I can't kill you," Ares replied, causing Perseus to snort.

"Are you sure you can even beat us?" Perseus asked. "I mean, we beat you guys two years ago, remember? Hell, I think I could beat you alone, so maybe you're the lucky one."

Ares balled up his fists. "Watch what you say punk. I can't kill you because Aphrodite is obsessed with you for some reason."

Perseus chuckled. "That is a great excuse, Ares. Let me know when you want a beat down," he said with a smirk.

"Not bad, punk," Ares said with a feral grin. "I'll see you around," He said, snapping his fingers, causing the world to do a three-sixty for both Perseus and Maximus.

When they stood up, the limo was gone, but everything else was gone as well. The questers looked around, and all they could see was junk for miles.

"What did she want with you?" Bianca asked.

"Nothing," Perseus deflected. "She told us not to pick anything up in the junkyard."

Zoë narrowed her eyes. "I doubt Aphrodite made a personal trip just to warn you two," she said. "You can't trust her."

Perseus smirked. "Oh I know. We had a nice heart to heart. I also ripped apart her so-called 'greatest love story ever', so that's a plus," he said cheekily. "Now let's go," he said, gesturing for Zoë to guide them west.

However, when they started walking, Zoë gestured to Perseus. Perseus looked at Max and gestured to him to take the rest of the group out of the junkyard.

"Perseus," Zoë said, walking up next to him.

"Yes?" Perseus asked.

"How are you still alive? How are you here? More importantly, why are you here?" Why didn't you try and find me?" Zoë rattled off angrily, causing Perseus to chuckle. Even now, he was still in love with Zoë, even if she wasn't happy to see him.

"Firstly, I'm alive because I'm immortal, like you, and no one knows where my mortal point is," Perseus said, causing Zoë to breath in slightly. "I'm here because of my brother Maximus, and I want to train him and protect him to make sure he will fulfill the Great Prophecy," he said with a frown. "I wish Poseidon would actually help him a little bit, at least it will be more than he helped me," he muttered under his breath.