Chapter 2

AN: Hey guys, welcome back to part 2 of my story. I don't know how long it is going to be, so I'm just going with it and seeing how far this takes me. Also, I am not a proficient writer, so my chapters won't always be super long, so sorry. Any who, please enjoy!

Recap:

"Yes," Perseus replied softly. "My mother died, and I don't know who my father is. I don't have anywhere else to go."

"Great," the woman said with a smile. "You and your brother will be unstoppable and will have a life filled with glory."

Perseus was confused, but he nodded. "Who are you?" He asked.

"My name is Thetis," the woman replied. "That was your brother Achilles. Do you want to meet him?" Perseus nodded eagerly before racing into the house. Thetis stood by the door, watching the two brothers laugh and play. She knew once Perseus had the same advantage as Achilles and they were both trained, that they would be unstoppable.

Present: 15 Years Later...

Achilles raised his shield to block the spear thrust at his chest. Though he was able to block the strike, the sheer power of it knocked him back a few feet. Before his opponent attacked again, the son of Thetis dashed forwards with a flurry of strikes, making his opponent go on the defensive. He kept attacking until he feinted high and got inside the guard of his opponent, slashing his chest-plate.

"Ugh, I hate when you do that," Perseus growled angrily. Even though it didn't break his skin, it still stung due to his brother's strength. Achilles smirked and started taunting his brother before being knocked off his feet by a spear, forcing him to fall to his knees. Achilles got back up quickly, but his brother was already on him, sword in hand, slashing and stabbing at his brother.

Perseus took advantage and knocked the shield out of the hands of Achilles with a powerful kick, leaving both of them with only their swords. They took their stances across from each other before leaping at each other. The two met with clashes of bronze, each trying to overpower the other. As they locked swords, a blast from the sea knocked them off their feet.

Both sons of Thetis saw their mother with her hands behind her back, whistling. "You know, neither of you ever win, you are both equals," Thetis said proudly. Both of the warriors glared at their mother before smiling and picking up their weapons. "Hey mother, what's new?" Perseus asked casually.

Thetis smiled at her adopted son, "I just wanted to visit you, can't I?"

Achilles looked at Perseus, who rolled his eyes. "We were training, so you obviously have something to tell us."

Thetis became serious. "I was on Olympus hoping for Zeus to grant you immortality."

Perseus' expression morphed into one with hatred. Thetis couldn't convince her son from hating the gods, considering one of them killed his mother on another one's orders. "Obviously, he declined, due to the fact he didn't want potential enemies with as much power as you," Thetis continued. Perseus snorted. Zeus may be an arrogant bastard who is too paranoid for his own good, but sometimes, he does make the right decisions.

"Is that all?" Achilles asked, a bit annoyed.

"No, my father offered another solution," Thetis responded. Out of nowhere, a blue light appeared and Nereus appeared next to his daughter.

"Hello grandfather," Achilles said happily, his expression mirrored by Perseus. In response, Nereus simply stepped forward and put a hand on both of the men's shoulders, giving them a blue aura for a moment, then flashed away.

"What was that mother?" Achilles asked with a confused expression on his face.

"You both now have partial immortality, similar to the Hunters of Artemis," Thetis replied. "You can only be killed in battle." The two warriors looked at each other's ankles, knowing that was the only way for them to die was a hit to the ankle.

"Why?" Achilles asked.

"Agamemnon is rallying the Greeks to avenge his brother after Paris of Troy stole his wife," Thetis said seriously. "He will soon call upon the Myrmidons to fight alongside him."

"Why do we have to fight for Agamemnon?" Perseus said angrily. "Menelaus should be able to protect his wife. Why do we need to do his dirty work for him? Plus, Agamemnon is just using this as an excuse to march on Troy."

"Brother, we are Greeks," Achilles replied. "We have to help our brethren."

"Troy will fall without you," Thetis stated. "The prophet Calchas made that clear. If you go to Troy, one of you will most likely not come back."

Achilles shook his head. "We must go; it is our duty."

Thetis nodded in understanding, a sad look on his face. Perseus saw this and asked, "How long?"

"A month, maybe less," she replied. "Most of the Greeks have started to sail for Troy." With that, she kissed her sons' foreheads and disappeared in a flash of light.

Perseus looked at his brother. "Even though this is a stupid war, and it is happening because the Olympians are too prideful and stupid, do you think the glory will be worth it?"

"Of course, what's the point of not going?" Achilles asked. "We've been training our whole life. We will be remembered as legends: the sons of Thetis."

"Alright," Perseus replied. "We have a month left before we sail. Let us train, and then gain glory for the Myrmidons and become legends."

With that, Perseus unsheathed his sword and the brothers began another fierce duel, sparks of bronze flying in the air.

AN: I hope you guys are enjoying so far. I will try to post daily, but if I don't post every day, I'm sorry. The school year is over in like 3 weeks, so I will definitely post more after school ends. Please review and take it easy!