Chapter 30

AN: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed the last chapter. Perseus and Zoë will get together, but just not yet. I hope you guys aren't too mad about the prophecy, but we'll see how it goes from here. Again, thanks so much for the support. I never thought I would get this much love and feedback, as when I first started writing this, I just thought it was a one off, but I've had other stories as well in the works, so thank you guys so much. Also, I know Thalia had some anger issues, and I know some people don't like that, but I think eventually on this quest, Thalia will warm up to both Perseus and Max, we'll see. Anyways, please enjoy!

Recap:

The Oracle's mouth opened, and green mist started to pour out.

Six shall go west to the goddess in chains,

One shall be lost in the land without rain,

The bane of Olympus shows the trail,

Campers and Hunters combined prevail,

The Titan's curse must one withstand,

And one shall perish by a parent's hand.

As soon as it ended, the green mist faded, and the Oracle sat down, and was as still as she was in the attic of the Big House.

Present:

Perseus helped Max and Grover bring the Oracle up to the attic.

"What do you think Chiron will do?" Max asked.

"He'll send a quest," Perseus said. "What else? Besides, you'll definitely be on it."

Max looked at his brother strangely. "What makes you think that?" Max asked.

Perseus rolled his eyes. "Why else would you volunteer? It's not like your future girlfriend is in mortal danger or anything," he said nonchalantly.

Eventually they heard a romping sound. "Chiron called the cabin leaders to talk about the prophecy," Thalia said angrily. It was easy to tell that she didn't like Perseus or Max. "Tell Max to get his butt downstairs," she said, turning away and romping down the stairs.

"Well, you heard the lady, let's go," Perseus said, turning to walk down the stairs.

"But you're not a cabin leader," Max protested.

Perseus gave his brother a smirk. "Since when do I do things people tell me to do?" Max smiled before following his brother downstairs.

The council was held around the ping pong table in the rec room. Zoë and Bianca took one side of the table representing the Hunters, while the cabin counselors sat around the end of the table and Dionysus and Chiron sat opposite Zoë and Bianca.

"This is pointless," Zoë grumbled. "We must save our goddess, the Hunters must leave immediately."

"And go where?" Chiron asked.

"West!" Bianca exclaimed. Perseus took in her appearance. She was much different from her original look, having her hair done into a single braid that rested on her shoulder. "You heard the prophecy, Six shall go west to the goddess in chains. We can get five Hunters and go."

"Yes, Artemis is being held hostage, we must go now!" Zoë exclaimed angrily.

"You're missing something, as usual," Thalia tutted. "Campers and Hunters combined prevail, we have to work together."

"I agree with Thalia," Perseus said, stepping out of the shadows and causing everyone to look at him. "While the Hunters are skilled, some campers have skill and power which will help you guys along the journey."