Chapter 39

AN: Hey guys...it's been awhile. Firstly, I'm so sorry for not updating this story in like a year. Honestly it's been so long that I can barely remember what I've written. However, I'm in university now, but I want to try and write some more chapters. I'm a first year, so I should have time, it is just about me making the effort to keep writing. Thanks so much for all the support on this story and for keeping with me during this time of me being a lazy asshole and not writing. Back to the story, I will do my best to finish the Titan War, and we'll see if I write the Giant War. Also, please let me know if you want to see anything or if you have any critiques. Hope y'all enjoy this chapter!

Recap:

"There's no one better for him than you," she said softly, barely reaching Perseus' ears over the soft whistling of the wind by the water.

Perseus' eyes widened, before a small smile grew on his face: not one of playfulness, but a genuine smile that contained more emotions within it that Zoë had never seen on Perseus before. As they looked into each others eyes, Zoë felt her own eyes widening, before Perseus closed his eyes and looked down at the sand, causing a lump to form in Zoë's throat, and a feeling of sadness to wash over her.

"I should go," he said, letting go of her hand that Zoë didn't even realize he had and standing up.

"Where are you going?" Zoë asked gently.

Perseus' expression went from happy to serious in an instant. "To secure the camp," he responded, before heading back in the direction of the Big House.

Present:

Perseus headed back to the big house and saw Chiron stretching his legs on the porch.

"Where's the old man?" Perseus asked, causing Chiron's mouth to twitch.

"Dionysus? He's away," Chiron said with amusement, before his expression turned serious. "How are you feeling about the Labyrinth?"

Perseus' expression steeled as he turned to face the camp cabins. "I don't know. Also I know is that Max has a tough few years in front of him."

Chiron hummed his acknowledgement. "Yes, young Maximus does have a lot on his plate."

Perseus turned to face Chiron, his expression stoic. "And I will be there for him every step of the way, whether it be with training or his emotions."

Chiron gave Perseus a small smile. "I expected as much Perseus. You share much with your brother."

Perseus looked at Chiron with a confused expression. "Maximus? I mean yes we share a father, but he is young and inexperienced."

Chiron smiled. "I mean Achilles. Yes, he was brash, but you were both strong and would do anything for each other. And I see you feel the same towards young Maximus."

Perseus looked towards the setting sun with a small smile. "You may be right old man," he said with a hint of a smile.

Chiron chuckled, before turning away and heading back into the Big House, leaving Perseus to mull in his own thoughts.

Perseus sat on the Big House porch reminiscing of the time he spent with his brother, the spars the had, the battles they fought, the wine they drank. As a tear went down his face, he didn't notice a little son of Hades approach him.

"Hi Percy," Nico said softly.

Perseus turned to see Nico standing there, and gestured for him to take a seat.

"What can I do for you, Nico?" Perseus asked in a similar tone.

"How do you get over it?" Nico asked shyly.