Chapter 38

AN: Hey guys, I hope you guys are well. Again, I want to apologize for the lengthy "hiatus" I took from writing. Honestly, I have no motivation. I'm a senior, and I'm already in college, and I just want to watch Youtube and Netflix and read fanfictions instead of writing them. However, I will try to upload a little bit more, as I do have tests I have to study for quite often. Honestly, at this point, I'm just lying to myself and you guys about writing, so hopefully I won't take too long to post the next chapter, I'm sorry in advance. Also, this chapter is probably where it starts to deviate from canon. Nico won't be in the Labyrinth, but some things will be similar. Also, I know there are some plot holes with weapons and armor and stuff, just know that Achilles' blade is broken, and Perseus still uses his armor. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the last chapter, and enjoy this one!

Recap:

Zoë raised an eyebrow. "Me of course," Perseus said, puffing out his chest. "Well, I probably should get paid for it," he muttered, causing Zoë to laugh and hit him playfully, causing Perseus to chuckle. "Anyways, archery competition?" Perseus asked.

Zoë looked at Perseus in disbelief. "You really think you can beat me?" she questioned.

Perseus looked at Zoë with a smirk. "I know how good you our, Miss Huntress," he joked. "But I am pretty old as well, and who knows? Maybe you'll get distracted by my handsomeness and misfire."

Zoë looked at Perseus incredulously, but started laughing after seeing the mirth in Perseus' eyes. "You're on pretty boy," Zoë said, getting her bow and getting into a stance.

"10 arrows?" Perseus asked.

"10 arrows," Zoë confirmed. "Ready, set, go!"

Present:

Perseus was still grumbling after his archery competition with Zoë. Yes, Zoë had many years of experience, probably more than him, shooting arrows, but she didn't have Artemis' blessing. Still grumbling as he got out of bed, he headed to the Hephaestus cabin to get a new xiphos. As he approached the cabin, he saw a muscular African-American demigod who looked around 18. Silena's boyfriend, he thought, as we walked up to him.

"Hello Beckendorf," Perseus said casually, causing Beckendorf to turn around and look at Perseus.

"Hello Perseus," Beckendorf said with a small smile. "Is there anything you need?"

"Yes, I need a new xiphos," Perseus said. "Could you model it off of Achilles' sword? I'm quite familiar with it, and can describe it for you."

Beckendorf's eyes bugged out. "Umm..yeah, just give me a second to get something to write with," he said quickly heading into his cabin.

After a few moments, Beckendorf came back and Perseus described his brother's sword to him, but instead of gold, asked for Celestial Bronze. "Easier to kill monsters, and I have other weapons for other needs," he said mysteriously, his hidden blades that could kill mortals and monsters coming to mind. Beckendorf looked at him strangely before nodding.

"It'll be ready by the end of the day," the son of Hephaestus said, causing Perseus to nod.

"Thanks, Beckendorf," Perseus said sincerely, before heading towards the dining hall. When he walked in, he heard more chatter than usual. When he heard the topic, he whistled lowly. Damn, the Apollo cabin staved off an Aethiopian drakon, well done demigods.

"This is a great reason for War Games tonight," Daedalus said, bringing Perseus out of his thoughts. Perseus growled, before raising his glass alongside the rest of the campers.