Chapter 10

AN: Hey guys. I'm torn on the ship. I wanted to have Percy and Zoē be together after 2,000 years or whatever, but I think I might just do Perthena, and make Zoë his friend in the future or something, I'm not sure. Anyways, please let me know what you think and how you feel, and also please let me know what story you guys want next. Please enjoy!

Recap:

As he charged, he saw Hector locked in combat with his friend Patroclus. While being a good combatant in his own right, Patroclus was no match for the heir of Troy. Perseus put his shield on his back and took out his spear, quickly killing two Trojans before rushing to the aid of Patroclus.

As he rushed towards the two, a single line of Trojans blocked him. As he ran, he stuck out his spear, stabbing a few Trojans before pole vaulting over the line. Right before Hector was able to hit the killing blow, a sword blocked it as Patroclus felt himself be thrown to his feet.

"Sorry Prince Hector, but Patroclus is like a brother to me. While he is accomplished, he doesn't match up to you," Perseus said over the clashing of blades. "Why don't you match up with someone your own skill?"

Present:

Hector narrowed his eyes. "Fair enough. But be warned, you will not take my home because of glory."

Perseus smirked. "I don't want to take your home. I'm only fighting because some king was stupid enough to let soldiers steal his wife and his arrogant brother believes that the actions of a certain prince was enough to declare war on the prince's homeland. I'm only fighting because your brother is an imbecile and Agamemnon is an arrogant asshole who wants to conquer Troy for no reason at all."

After his monologue, Perseus struck forward with a jab of his spear, which Hector dodged and countered with a slash of his sword which found nothing but air as Perseus rolled out of the way.

Perseus unsheathed his sword, preferring it to his spear, and sliced and slashed at Hector, each strike faster than the previous, but Hector blocked and parried each strike, not allowing Perseus an opening between his guard.

Hector, after defending Perseus' fully of strikes, charged forwards, before feinting high and going low. Perseus read it, blocking Hector's strike with his sword before slashing a gash in the Trojan prince's left side.

Hector winced at the pain of the wound, before moving back a few feet to recover. At this point, he finally noticed the lack of soldiers surrounding himself and Perseus.

Hector readied himself up again, before waiting for Perseus to strike. He knew that, while he wasn't scared, he was probably overmatched by Perseus. Quicker than he had ever seen, Perseus took his shield from his back and threw it like a frisbee at Hector, who was caught off guard. When he tried to dodge, he was too slow, allowing the shield to hit his ribs, breaking a few of them.

Hector winced as he felt his ribs break, but couldn't recover as Perseus used this as an opportunity to attack the weakened prince, trying to catch him off guard. However, Hector was expecting hit as he met the charging Perseus with a powerful slash, which caused him to parry.

Hector kept stabbing and slashing, only for each of his strikes to be met with the blade of the Myrmidon prince. After blocking a sword to the ribs, Perseus ducked under a swing of Hector's sword, going down and sweeping the legs out from under Hector.

As he fell, he expected to be attack, but when he looked up, he saw the Greek prince standing there casually, waiting for the prince to get up again.

Honourable as it was, it didn't make Hector want to kill him any less.

Both warriors circled each other before meeting in a storm of sparks as bronze clashed against bronze. Hector tried to go on the offensive, but Perseus kept pushing him back, attacking his injured ribs.

Hector feinted left, and went right, but Perseus read him again, catching his blade with his own before kicking Hector in the ribs and flicking his wrist expertly, disarming Hector.

Perseus rushed forward, sweeping the Trojan prince's legs before pinning him to the ground, sword at his throat. Before he could bring the sword down, a horn sounded from the Greek lines. Perseus got up, retrieving his shield and spear and strapping them to his back. "Guess that's the call for retreat. I'll see you again on the battlefield, Prince Hector."

Perseus walked away from Hector, but not before looking back at the prince. "I know you are wondering why I didn't kill you. Well, it's too early for Troy's best warrior to die on the first day of battle. Like I said, I'll see you again." Perseus turned to leave, but not before picking up Hector's sword and tossing it by the prince's feet. "Next time, don't expect any mercy. I don't expect it from you. Go home to your wife and children, as next time, you won't receive a break."

Hector nodded, in awe of the prince as he watched the Greeks retreat from the battlefield. Perseus saw his brother gesture to him as he walked over to see him talking to Patroclus.

Achilles smirked. "Fraternizing with the enemy, brother?"

Perseus rolled his eyes. "I don't even want to me here, but because I have to be, I won't kill Troy's best man on the first day. He will fall eventually, but not today."

Achilles nodded, as if he knew what his brother was going to say, while Patroclus looked at him gratefully. "Thanks Perseus."

Perseus nodded. "You are like the brother we never had Patroclus. And we would do anything to protect our family."

Patroclus smiled before Perseus became more serious. "You are a good warrior Patroclus. But be careful who you challenge."

Patroclus nodded in understanding before heading back to his tent. Achilles and Perseus looked over their men. Compared to the rest of the Greek forces, who suffered heavy losses, the Myrmidons had light casualties, but that was to be expected, as every man was trained by Perseus and Achilles.

Once they reached their tent, Perseus thanked the two men before relieving them as he went inside to check in on Zoë. He saw her sitting on his bed with a worried expression. When she saw him, she ran up to him, but stopped as she saw the blood on his armor.

"I thought you couldn't be harmed in battle?"

Perseus looked at her softly. "This isn't mine."

Zoë's eyes widened before a look of relief crossed her face. Perseus was puzzled at her expression, but didn't say anything.

Perseus then grabbed a basin of water from the other side of his tent before starting to remove his armor. Zoë face began to heat up and was becoming redder every second as Perseus removed his chest-plate, revealing his muscled torso. Perseus noticed her face and chuckled softly.

"I would have asked you to leave, but I didn't want to risk Agamemnon or his men seeing and/or taking them."

Zoē nodded gratefully as she turned away to prevent her blush from coming back as Perseus took off and cleaning the rest of his armor. Once he finished, he flopped on the bed. Zoë heard this and sat next to him.

Perseus looked at her, before asking, "Would you like to go to the sea with me tonight? I mean just to like, take a break?"

Zoë was confused and shocked. She couldn't speak for a few moments, before she choked out, "Why?"

Perseus smiled. "Well, I want a break, and I feel like being in this tent all day is a little bit boring, don't you think?"

Zoë laughed, before agreeing with Perseus. "Great!" Perseus said. "We'll leave after we eat."

AN: Hey guys, sorry for the abrupt ending, but I wanted to end the chapter here, sorry again. Also, I know you guys don't really want Perzoe, so I'll leave it open. I was planning on Perthena starting after the Trojan war, and Perzoe would start at the end of Titan's Curse the book. So please let me know what ship you want. I also want to shout out LittleLebs1, and their story Assassin of Worlds. It's really good, check it out. Anywhos, thanks so much guys, and please comment!