"Nothing." She says, shaking her head.

"Sloan, what's wrong?" He repeats. "I know something's up. You've been biting that lip and pulling on the sleeve of your sweatshirt for the last five minutes. You only do that when something's bothering you." Sloan sighs and releases the sleeve of the too-big sweatshirt. The Cowboys one she stole from Grayson.

It still smells like him.

"The last time I was here, I almost lost Grayson. I almost died the last time I was here." She says quietly. 

"Sloan, nothing is going to happen. David's dead. He won't get to you." He says. "And even if he wasn't, he'd have a lot of people to get through to get to you. Same goes for any other person who tries to get to you. And you know I'll put up one hell of a fight for you." Sloan gives him a small smile. 

"Thanks, Bash." She says quietly. 

When the two arrive at the hotel, Sloan takes her suitcase from Sebastian and follows him inside, allowing him to talk to the man at the counter to check her in. The two get in the elevator and ride up to the twelfth floor, where Sloan takes her key from Sebastian and walks into her room. 

"What are your plans for the night?" He asks as she opens the door. Sloan sets her suitcase inside the door and lets Bandit into the room before turning around, her hand resting on the door handle behind her. 

"Honestly, I'm probably just going to spend the rest of the day in my room, try to relax before tomorrow." She tells him. Sebastian shakes his head. 

"Not anymore." He says. "My mom has invited you to dinner tonight." Sloan sighs and starts shaking her head. "C'mon, Sloan. It'll do you good to get out. You can't just keep yourself shut in your room all the time. There won't be anyone there other than the three of us." Sloan sighs again and studies him for a moment. 

"You won't take no for answer will you?" She asks, rolling her eyes when he shakes his head. "Fine." Sebastian gives her a grin. 

"I'll come get you when it's time to go." Sloan nods before stepping into her room and closing the door. 

Sebastian grins as he walks to his room next door. He doesn't want her to shut herself up all the time because of her fear. He doesn't want to push her too hard, knowing she'll go back in her hole and won't talk again for who knows how long. But he knows that if he pushes her just enough, she'll realizes how much fun she'll have and will agree. He knows she won't be the same for awhile, if ever, but he enjoys the rare moments when the real Sloan peaks the through. 

Besides, when Jensen's not around, it's his job to take care of her. He would never push her to do something that would hurt her or break her trust in him, but he knew the worst thing for her would be to let her just stay in her room all the time.  He knows it's best to leave her be when she's having a really bad day, but on her good days, it's best to try to get her out as much as he can. 

Sloan lays down on her bed, Bandit laying on the floor next to her. She places the empty sleeve of her sweatshirt by her face, smelling Grayson's scent with every inhale. She sighs deeply before sitting up, making Bandit lift his head from his paws. Sloan looks over at him before sighing against and patting the spot next to her, making Bandit wag his tail happily before jumping on the bed, laying down next to Sloan. 

Sloan wakes up with a gasp, her throat raw. Her eyes dart to the bedroom doors as they burst open and Sebastian stumbles in, breathless and eyes full of worry. He sighs in relief when he sees that she's- relatively- alright, minus the pale face and layer of sweat, the short, sporadic breaths. 

"What are you doing in here?" She asks once she's calmed down enough to speak. 

"You were screaming." He tells her, slowly walking to the bed, standing at the end of it.