I giggled, "If I had to guess who here was a punk I would pick you."

"I'll be anything you want, baby." He blew me kisses. The first years exchanged looks.

"Go away." I turned away from the door and to kageyama.

I heard him mumbling as he shut the door. Kageyama gave his attention to me and I picked a ball out of the ball cart.

After nearly an hour of tossing Hinata let out a yawn and shook it off. I could tell he was getting more tired as the practice went on, "We should continue this tomorrow." i said, gaining both of the boys' attention.

"Just a few more then we can quit." Hinata said, rubbing his eyes.

I nodded and tossed three more balls for them only to get the same response. This happened twice more until I finally told them to go home.

"You need to be well rested for practice tomorrow as well." I reasoned.

"But just a few more won't hurt..." Hinata asked with puppy eyes.

"You said that last time. And the time before that and the time before that." I raised an eyebrow, waiting for a rebuttal.

He nodded and I looked at Kageyama who nodded as well. I sighed, "Take down the net while I pick up all the loose balls."

Kageyama snickered and Hinata stared at him. Kageyama rolled his eyes and went to the end of the net so he could start loosening it.

Once I had finished the boys were lifting the poles and putting them on the pole cart. I took a moment to observe the two. Hinata seemed like the type anyone could be friends with, though he was a bit aloof like Tanaka. In the short while that I've spent as a manager he's only ever been kind. Kageyama on the other hand was a bit different. He was a bit rude but I couldn't make out if it was intentional or not. I've seen him acting awkward multiple times, even with Hinata, the one he seemed the closest with. Befriending him will probably be much harder than it'll be with Hinata.

"I'll be heading out now." I said after pushing the cart into the storage room.

"We'll walk you home. A girl shouldn't be walking alone this late." Hinata said, holding a finger up with confidence. Bless this boy. I hope he doesn't turn out like Tanaka or Nishinoya, they seem pretty close though.

I looked over to Kageyama who just nodded his head.

I walked out to the club rooms and retrieved my things, getting out at the same time the two boys bust through the door, bickering about something. I smiled, unsure if they knew how close they seemed.

"I live down that way if it's not out of the way for you boys. If you want I can get you some food from the store so you can eat on your way home." I said approaching the pair.

They both seem to perk up at the mention of food, "Do you have meat buns?" Kageyama spoke to me for the second time in the entire day. Hinata seemed to be interested to know as well by the way he was bouncing up and down just by the mention of meat buns.

I smiled, "We do. I'm only buying you each one though." I said walking to them.

Hinata and Kageyama talked freely behind me as i lead the way, though i'm sure they knew where i lived since it was connected to the store.

Watching the two boys practice today was a sight. Kageyama was such a skilled setter it made me want to start learning from him. His pinpoint precision was so incredibles witness. If i couldn't learn from him i desperately wanted to spike one of his sets. I spaced out while walking until i heard a voice speak up.

"Are you coming with us to the Nekoma training camp this weekend?" Hinata asked.

"Yeah, I'm excited. It's the alleyway showdown isn't it?" I did jazz hands for emphasis.

Hinata nodded, "Yeah! Not officially though."

"You'll be more prepared to face them when it comes time though. Are you pumped?"

Hinata nodded happily, "Yeah!" he jumped up, "I can't wait!" he threw his arms out in excitement.

Gosh this kid. I pat his head and looked at Kageyama, "What about you, are you excited?"

He nodded, "I want to play a game again opposed to just practice."

I nodded with him, "Being in the moment is a lot different. You guys have already played a practice game as a team though, haven't you?"

"We played Aobajohsai." He said, sounding a bit ticked off.

"Did it go well?" I asked, curious as to why he seemed peeved.

"Yeah. We won." He frowned.

"The great king was there." Hinata cheered. That's quite the change in reactions.

"I told you to stop calling him that, dumbass!" Kageyama hit Hinata's shoulder.

"Who is he?" I said, walking into the store and motioning the boys to come in as well.

"He's the setter from Aobajohsai. Oikawa Tooru." He had a grimace on his face.

"He's good?" I asked picking up two meat buns.

Hinata nodded happily, "Yeah! that's why he's the great king! Because if Kageyama is the king of the court that means Oikawa is the great king!"

i raised an eyebrow at Kageyama who looked pissed, "That must mean he's good."

"Yeah. He's got the whole team wrapped around his finger." He sighed, looking a bit defeated.

I gave my aunt, who was behind the counter, the money for the meat buns and handed them to the boys, "Well... with hard work and dedication you'll beat them again."

They each took one, mumbled a thank you and gave me a small bow before ripping it open and demolishing the bun.

"Stop by and buy some more next time you pass. See you tomorrow." I waved them off and walked upstairs.

09/12/20
Wc: 1533
unedited

A/n school sux