ALL ABOUT COVERS

Hey guys, I figured a few people were asking me how I make my cover, How to assemble and arrange the things together without spoiling the other things, which font to use, which colour to use, how to make a colour pallate and so much more.

So I figured I would write this chap to guide you through and tell you how to make an amazing cover encorporating all the options.

Caution: I'll be taking about PicsArt, IbisPaintX and sometimes Photopea/Photoshop.

Careful guys, Terrific Rant ahead. :)

There are many option and filters that we ignore. MANY options. Trust me with that. I am not so sure with filters because I hate them but you can always use the adjust option in tools in PictArt to make your designs stand out. I'll be talking about contrast, blending and all, up ahead.

Another thing to keep in mind while making a cover is the placement of all the things. Placement plays a very important role. A simple change in it can ruin or do wonders in your cover so try to keep your options again and don't hesitate to delete all the work and start from the scratch

But before that some basic principles in here...

|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|

So I am coming to the first topic of the day that is WHAT TO MAKE A FOCUS ITEM IN A COVER?????

I have seen people picking up pictures from Pinterest, giving it a small filter and putting a very basic text and VOILA!!!! Cover is ready!!!!

Seriously??!!!! 😑😒

They do it while taking on tons of payment while we desingners work our ass off to get a cover done worth seeing!!!

I hate these kinda of Covers. They absolutely DOESN'T match with book or the theme or the moral of the story.

So What is the first step of making a cover?

Understanding the book!

Understand what the book is about!! What moral is it giving? The main place of connection. The main object/thing the the book contains and try to relate it with the Title, to make it astonishing.

For example, I was given to make this cover in a contest....