Contest Entry #10

Wow! Its been so long since I participate in a contest.

Entry for: Monarchy Cover Contest

Host: -in-love-with-Axl-

Status: Active.

I wouldn't say this is my best because frankly I did this is half an hour

I wouldn't say this is my best because frankly I did this is half an hour...? Or maybe an hour. I keep losing track.

Yeah, so the prompt was pretty interesting and difficult too (at least for me) since I suck at face claims. Or perhaps I should put it as I dislike 'em.

They can misguide our readers a lot. That's why you'll see none of my covers have a recongnised faceclaims and even if there are, it was requested by the people.

So however way I put it, it means I suck at it. Well, this one at least tuned out good.

Prompt:

So, I was in a big dilemma what to do, what not to do

I tried to set the two person by cutting them off by following the Law of Gravity (changed tons of Contrast and brightness to make them look alive and not aliens)  and all but it was all feeling so very weird and detached. Then I saw that pattern and the bulb on my head went off (or on). Is it only the bell that goes off?

I didn't know how I am gonna relate but it looked cool plus it felt as if a layer of black and white was on them which is true. And it fades off when ur soulmate touches u. Pretty weird concept, Ik.

The text which I did was pretty simple. Mostly representing the fact that the whole world was Black and white. In another sense, black and white means simple or old...? I went for a neutral font because I wanted the cover to look intriguing and of romance genre at the same time. And Kavo did the magic just right. Putting together a romance and fantasy is damn hard!

The text part above the guy is coloured (As in gaining colour vision) and the part above the girl is black (whose eye sight remain black and white.)

As for the empty spaces, I though about filling them a little by the wavy patterns but since the text is in black, it would have served as a distraction plus I didn't want the thing to go a little conjested types. I loved the simplicity of how things fit itself together without even playing with them.

That's all I guess!

So at last, I explained a cover not how I mostly do but this is all u get for now!!

-A