Hermit Challenges/The Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things

Iskall: Everyone, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things.

(AKA Hermit challengeeeeeeees)

(There is much applause and banging on the table as Mumbo rises to his feet.)

Mumbo: I thank you. The month has been a good one for the Society!

Everyone:  Hear, hear!

Mumbo: This month our members have put more things on top of other things than ever before. But, I should warn you, this is no time for complacency.

No, there are still many things, and I cannot emphasize this too strongly, not on top of other things. I myself, on my way here this evening, saw a thing that was not on top of another thing in any way.

Everyone: Shame!

Mumbo: Shame indeed but we must not allow ourselves to become too despondent. For, we must never forget that if there was not one thing that was not on top of another thing our society would be nothing more than a meaningless body of people that had gathered together for no good purpose. But, we flourish. This month Iskall and the various other hermits affiliated with him, put no fewer than twenty-two things on top of other things.

(scattered applause)

Well done all of you. But there is one cloud on the horizon. In this last month, Stress has not succeeded in putting one thing on top of another.

Everyone: Shame!

Mumbo: Therefore, I call upon her to explain this weird behavior.

(As Mumbo sits back down, Stress stands up nervously.)

Stress: Well, Mumbo, its just that.....I think this whole thing is a bit silly, isn't it?

(Cries of outrage. Mumbo leaps to feet.)

Mumbo: Silly! SILLY!! (he pauses and thinks) Silly? I suppose it is, a bit. What have we been doing wasting our lives with all this nonsense?

Everyone: (hear, hear)

Mumbo: (briskly) Right, okay, meeting adjourned for ever

(He flies off into the distance with Iskall on his tail as Stress retreats back to her base. With the OK from Mumbo, Grian sets off some TNT and flies away as the Hermit Challenges pavilion blows up behind him.) 

(Here is your reminder that this is a joke, don't take it seriously, and if you get offended I am happy to have a civil discussion about it. Thanks!)

Silly Stress. She doesn't understand the matter of principle.