Capítulo 44

CALIBAN

After my discussion with Serena about the baby, after I wrongly blame her, I felt like I had lost her. So I disappeared for days, I went to the Pit where I was created, to run away for the truth: she lost our baby because of me, because I was manipulated by the kings. Because I had let myself being a puppet. I got myself punished thousand of time, just to feel something.

Then in the ball, she told me what I fear the most: she didn't want to be with me anymore, and my heart, who I didn't know I had it until I met her, was shattered. Then I felt everything at once. Serena hated me, and while I was failing at being the person she deserved, Michael was right there being a good "friend." That fucking prick. He was making his way through Serena. I knew he liked her. How couldn't he?

Serena is the reason why I start understanding why mortals killed and died for love. Before her I didn't know if love was worthy fighting for... then I look at her and I am ready for war. I'm ready for fight if that means I won't lose her.

Every night I went back to her chambers, that used to be ours, before I broke her heart. I knew the right thing was leaving her in peace in her room, she didn't want to see me, so I went back to my old chambers.

After I moved out from our chambers, I still went to see if she slept well, but she started having night terrors, screaming and crying, like I have never seen before. I wanted to make them go away but I didn't know how, so I went to Lilith for help and she told me that the only way to stopped them was staying there to pushing them away from her. So I did. Every night I sat on a chair, next to her, and I made sure that nothing could hurt her.

This was until she went to Earth, and I couldn't be in Sabrina's room without her feeling my presence. That night I knew she would have them, but I couldn't do anything without her finding out. And I doubt she would be happy for having me spying on her.

I was worried about her since she was on earth without protection. I know that she didn't need it, but I couldn't stop myself from caring about her.

The next day she was back at Hell and my heart felt relief. I did my best to stay away from her sight, so she didn't feel hate every time she saw me. I tried to speak to her numerous times, but Serena despised me, and I couldn't blame her for my mistakes.

Then she stormed in my room and when I saw her, I could only think about the worst scenarios. I was lying on my bed but I'm pretty sure I jumped when she showed up.

"Are you okay? Is everything okay?" I ask, looking at her from top to bottom to see if she was bleeding or hurt.

"Yeah, I-" She started to say but then stopped.

"Serena, are your hurt?" I ask, and I come closer to her to see if I was missing any spot.

Before I could inspect her face she smashed her lips at mine, and it took me merely a second to respond to her gesture, I grabbed her face with my hands, just like I did million times ago and just liked it started abruptly, it ended the same way.

"I-" Once again she was starting to say something but then stopped and run away, leaving me all alone with the thoughts of what just happened.

And I realized: she still loved me. And hope invaded my heart again.

---------

Sorry for the short chapter, and sorry for being so late on the uploads, I haven't been inspired to write this amazing story but I'm trying really hard to find the inspiration to continue, so bare with me!

Hope you liked Caliban's POV. I had never wrote from his point of view before, and I know you had tons of question that from Serena's POV was hard to answer since she doesn't know what he thinks either. See you in the next one. xx.