Capítulo 42

"We should organize a ball." Lilith says, walking on my chambers.

"What? Seriously? What the heaven I would do that, Lilith?! There's nothing to celebrate!" Is she crazy or masochist? Probably both.

"To show the court that nothing can hurt you, not the kings, and certainly not your own King's betrayal." She says, with no whatever emotion on her voice.

"But it did." I mummer.

"I know, but they can't know that. Never. Happiness is the only thing a Queen can never have." She says and I nod. It needed to be done.

"I will make the preparation for tonight and ask your maids to get you clean out and at your finest." She says.

Lilith insisted that I used a red blood colour dress, to show the blood that my enemies had drowned after I punished them. Fear is the strongest weapon in Hell after all.

I was wearing the most luxurious crown I had, and my dress was full of jewellery, and yet, I felt like I was worth nothing.

I was standing in front of a mirror, noticing how my dark circles needed to be conceal with makeup, how my skin looked so pale and dull, when a bright yellow light appeared in my room. Michael.

"What did I miss?" He asks, smiling and I couldn't help to smile back at him, still facing the mirror.

"I have to go facing the court and show them how heartless their Queen is." I tell.

"Hum, peachy then?" He jokes and I roll my eyes.

"I don't think I can do this much longer." I confess and he walks closer to me. Standing behind me.

"I don't think I ever met someone else who could handle the court as well as you." He sympathetic smile.

"I'm considering going back to Earth and leave Caliban in charge of Hell." I confess, taking my eyes out of his and looking to the floor. I hadn't told anyone that yet, but I was so tired of all the pain, tears, suffering and lost.

"You shouldn't. Without you, Hell will go back to the cruel realm it was. You are the first monarch in Hell that is fair and kind." Michaels says.

"Maybe that's the problem. Maybe Hell can't be fair and kind." I mumble.

"You don't really believe that. You saved countless of lives for rotting in here, unfairly. You can do this; I truly believe in that." He says. "Now, we must go, you shouldn't be late for your own party." He offers his arm and I accept.

He walks me to my throne and then he bows to me, letting go of my hand. I sit on the golden throne and the entire court goes silent until I raise my arms so that the music can start playing. Caliban was sitting on the throne next to mine, looking at me for time to time.

"Serena-" He starts to say but I raise my hand.

"Don't. For now on we will be only King and Queen, until I decide if I do, in fact, want you to be King. But we are not husband and wife." I say and I get up off my throne, so I can get away from Caliban before tears start to threat to come out.

Michael appears in my way and offers me a hand.

"Care to dance, my lady?" He asks and I nod.

Michael takes me in his arms and spins me.

"You look upset."

"I think my marriage just ended." I confess, while watching Caliban sitting on the throne, watching me back.

"I'm sorry for hearing that." He says.

"Yeah, me too." I keep dancing with Michael to the song, until it ends, and I escape to the backdoor balcony, running away from everyone. I just wanted to be alone, not facing a bunch of grasping members of the court.

I need to get out of here. I thought to myself and I teleported me to Greendale, in the middle of the forest.

It was pitched black and wind blow through the trees. The dirt under my feet felt like pillows. This is what peace looked like to me, alone in the woods.

I walked for a while, until I decide to create a sort of tent hanging from two trees, and put myself inside. I let go off all the pain inside my heart and let my eyes drown on tears until I could finally fall asleep.