Capítulo 5

"All hail Queen Serena!" Lilith yells and everyone applauds as I'm sitting on the throne.

As I stand up an arrow comes at my direction at stabs me in the stomach. I see a blood circle forming at my dress. As I fell someone catch me and my eyes shut close. I feel a burning sensation in my blood. The arrow is poisoned.

When I wake up, I'm at my bed and I have a big bandage at my stomach. Everything hurts. Lilith enters my chambers.

"You okay?" I nod, I'm afraid my words would betray me. "I'm pretty sure that who orchestrated this attack was one of the members of the council. I'll be more watchful to your guards." I nod again. "Lucifer will not be happy with this coup d'etat." She leaves my room, checking me one last time.

I stand up, with pain, and go near my mirror. When I take the bandage, to see my wound, I'm frighten with the look of it.

"It will take some time to heal." I jump of my feet. When I turn my head Caliban is leaning against my bathroom door. I didn't hear him teletransporting to here.

"What are you doing here? Gloating yourself?"

"You don't real believe that I was the one behind this, do you?"

"I do, you warned me about a possible backfire and I got shot by an arrow."

"I would never hurt you on purpose to take the throne from you." I frown my eyebrow. "Beside I'm here to help with the wound. I can heal it faster."

"And why would you do that?"

"Like I said, I don't want to win the throne by killing you." He approaches me and put one of his hand on my waist, making me tremble. He looks at my face and then to the wound again. He puts his other hand above the wound and says some words in Latin. I feel warm in his palm and then he takes both of his hands of me, leaving a feeling of void.

"There. Is not fully healed, but you shouldn't feel pain anymore." His face is different from the normal looks he gives me. He's not smirking or playing with me. He is calm.

"Thank you." I mumble. 

"What was that, princess?" The idiot is back.

"I said thank you." I grumble. "Anytime." He smirks at me and I roll my eyes.

"You can leave now." I tell him.

"Oh I'm not going anywhere."

"What?!"

"I'm staying with you to guarantee that nobody tries another coup." He lays in my bed, with his arms flexed and his head on his hands.

I thought about saying a sarcastic comment, but I was actually scared of being alone tonight after what I've been through. Why was he protecting me? I didn't agree with the marriage, so he had nothing to win by being here, except if he was trying to convince me to.

"This doesn't mean I'm accepting your proposal."

"I know, princess." He keeps his eyes close as I lay on the other side of my king bed. For some weird reason I trust Caliban to protect me, here and now.

...

I wake alone at my room. No sign of Caliban, making me believe that last night was only a product of my imagination. But I knew it wasn't. The smell of his cologne was in the pillow next to me. Fire, must and mint.

Suddenly all of my friends appear in the middle of my chambers.

"Sabrina? Harvey? Roz? Theo?" I smile seeing them. "What are you all doing here guys?!"

"Surprise!" Roz hugs me.

"We missed you." Theo softly smiles to me.

They all approach me and we hug in group. "I miss you guys too!"

"So, how's hell treating you?" Harvey asks.

"Well you know... Demons and demons and boring meetings..." I decide to omit the part where someone shot an arrow to me, I didn't want to get them worry about me and try to save me from here.

"Is Caliban still after your throne?" Sabrina asks me.

"Yup." I answer. "Oh you won't believe what he proposed me!"

"What?" Sabrina is curious.

"Marriage."

"NOOOO. You didn't accept right?!"

"Of course not! I'm not stupid, I won't give him my throne so he can rule hell and earth! I won't let them make mortals slaves!"

"Thank god." Roz says and everyone starts laughing.

"And besides that, is everything okay?" Theo asks me, worry.

"Yes. Although, strangely, I miss high school." I laugh and they all laugh with me.

"About that, me and Sabrina are now cheerlands!" Roz yell, happily.

"NOO! Go kidding with other! You two?!"

"Yeah, it's really funny." Sabrina confesses.

"I wouldn't imagine that. Ever." I laugh. "And how is it going trying to take Lucifer out of Nick's body?"

"Harder than I thought." Sabrina admit, with a sad expression on her face.

"You are going to make it. I know you will." I smile gently to my newfound sister.