Capítulo 39

When I wake up I'm alone in my room. I feel sore from all the pain I was in before. The room is dark and the curtains are closed.

"Is anyone here?" I shout. The door open and I can see Ambrose. "Hey." I say.

"Glad to see that you are okay." He says and sits next to me in my bed.

"What happened? I thought the book was supposed to kill me and not just harm me."

Ambrose don't say anything and just looks down.

"What? What are you not telling me, Ambrose?" I ask.

"We should talk about this later, after you recover." He answers me hiding something.

"Fine, but we will. And I want to know what you are not telling me." I respond him.

"Now, you have some visits." The door opens once again, and I see my best friends in the world. The gang hugs me one by one.

"Thank God you are okay." Theo says and hugs me tight.

"Did you ever thought I couldn't make it? Come on, I survived high school." I joke and Roz scolds me.

"Girl you got us worry for a second there." Roz says.

"Yeah, what where you think using a death book?" Harvey asks.

"I needed to protect you all." I confess. I couldn't let them get hurt because of me.

"We can protect ourselves; you should had told us what you were planning, it was stupid going alone facing the kings." Sabrina adds, from the other side of the room. She's clearly mad at me by acting alone.

"We could have helped out." Theo says.

"I know guys, but I didn't want to put you in danger. The kings wanted me, and they would play dirty to get to me, even using you."

"After you recover, we need to talk about letting other people help out. You are no longer alone, you have us." Roz says.

"Yeah!" Theo adds.

"I'm sorry." I say and Roz hugs me, and it turns into a group hug, with Sabrina still on the other side looking at me, kinda mad. It will take more than an apologize for her to forgive me.

...

I was still recovering in my chambers; the gang had already left, and my head was pouching. Stupid dark book, couldn't it have positive side effects? I heard a knock on the door and I ask to come in.

It was Lilith, not who I was hoping for.

"It's good to see that you are recovering well, your majesty." She says, coming closer to my bed.

"You need to stop calling me that when we are alone." I roll my eyes at her, but smiling with my mouth.

"Good, I was getting tired of that." She rolls her eyes and I laugh at her statement. Good to see that somethings never change.

"What do you need, Lilith?" I ask.

"Just checking on you."

"Still not death." She smirks at me.

"I see you maintain your sharp tongue intact." She states.

"Daughter of Lucifer, remember?" I joke about it.

"Unfortunately, I do." She lets out a annoying sound.

"Where is old dear daddy?"

"I still didn't free him of his cell." She simply answers.

"Seriously?" I ask.

"Let him rook a little bit more, he deserves." She says with no emotion and I smile at her. I would have to release him myself after I recover. But for now, I will let him stay there just a little more time, as a payment for being a bad father for years.

After Lilith leaves my room, I receive a visit from Michael.

"Glad to see that you are doing better, my lady." He says with this husky voice. Demons and angels, they are too much handsome, at least the ones around me lately.

"Thank you for coming." I say, cordially.

"Of course, I care about you." He says.

"You know that I'm married to Caliban, right? And despite our current situation, I do love him." I try to make it as clear as possible where we stand.

"I know. He's your first love, you will always love him. But you have a long life to live, and I'm immortal, so I will wait as much as you need. I have to go now; Gabriel is calling me." He looks at me and then smiles.

"Like, mentally?" I joke.

He laughs and then nods, opening his wings.

"Wait, you are leaving to Heaven right now?" I frown.

"Yes, don't worry, I'll be back soon." He says.

"I'm not." I say and he smirks, disappearing into a white light.

...

Sabrina insisted in stayed at the palace so she could watch me closely, and her aunties stayed here too, at the many guests' rooms. When I recover, I will have much to do at the court. First of all, Hells is in for a makeover, no more diminish women anymore, Lilith will be my counsellor. Second, I have been too soft towards my subjects in Hell, they have crossed me too many times and they will be punished for that. Third, I wasn't sure of what to do about Caliban.

The night was awful, I was in pain, even though I have been through every spell to decrease the pain. I got up on my bed and walked slowly to the bathroom. I had to cling to every object in my way so I wouldn't fall, but a sharp pain jab on my back and I couldn't help a squeal. I fell to the bathroom's tiles; I would get bruises on my knees later.

A spiral of flames appears in front of me and I see him. Caliban. It's the first time I see him since the takeover of the palace.

"What happened? Are you hurt?" He rushes over me.

"No, I'm okay. It's gone now, it was like I was being stabbed." I say, still surprised to see him here.

"I will call Lilith." He says and I grab his arm, stopping him.

"No, I'm okay, she did everything she could to ease the pain out. There's not much she can do now." I say and he nods. In a swift Caliban picks me up and whooshes me off my feet.

"You need to lay down." He says and takes me back to my bed, lying me down on the mattress. "I can use some hell's magic to help with the pain." He offers.

"No, no more of old dark magic. I think I had enough for a while." I want to stay as far away as possible of old dangerous magic.

"Serena." He says with a different expression. Pain.

"What?" I shrug my eyebrows.

He was going to say something but stopped and then just continued with "you need to rest." I nod and lay my head on the pillows, letting my eyes closing.

..................................

Hey guys! So I'm writing the next chapter but I have an idea and i don't know if it will make sense to you. You see, every time i invent something i have a tone of questions from you, even tho i just decided to imagine something different, so I'm kinda afraid you may not like this one... 

I understand that maybe some of my ideas are very different from yours but please just imagine with me!!!