hearing harry's name when it wasn't even during school times had made malfoy's mood sour. he quickly walked past the shop as he didn't want to be reminded of potter.

"oh look!!! flourish and blotts!! can we please go in pleaseeee", evelyn begged as she practically dragged malfoy into the bookstore.

malfoy groaned as he watched the girl excitedly pick out a book from the magical creatures section.

"aren't girls supposed to read about romance or something?", malfoy casually asked.

"shouldn't boys be a gentleman and not judge a girl's hobby?", evelyn retorted, making malfoy avoid her gaze.

"I'm just kidding! now let's go since you're clearly bored", evelyn smiled, dragging malfoy to the front of the store to pay.

before evelyn could even pull out her pouch, malfoy had already paid.

"keep the change", he said as she pulled evelyn's wrist and walked out the bookshop.

"ooohhh, what's twilfitt and tatting's??", evelyn asked as she was already halfway through the door.

many pairs of eyes glared at the girl until they saw draco malfoy standing behind her.

twilfitt and tatting's was quite the elite clothing store, as only purebloods shopped there.

"look at this dress draco!!", evelyn smiled, holding the beautiful fabric out for malfoy to view.

"do you like it?"

"mhm! I think mione would look amazing in it!!", evelyn lightly laughed. she then took note of the price as she was sure to tell hermione about this dress later in her letter.

"could you stop talking about the idiot girl for once. why don't you pick something for yourself? or ask for something for once?", malfoy said, annoyed.

"mm...I just thought this pink dress would really bring out mione's fair skin. and plus, I've never really shopped before...so I don't know what color would look good on me...", evelyn meekly replied.

malfoy was a bit taken aback. he had totally forgotten that the girl had grew up with a bunch of nasty muggles. hence why she's never experienced the leisure of shopping.

"whatever. anyways, I think green would suit you", malfoy mumbled, looking over at a mannequin that had on a green spaghetti-strapped skin tight dress.

"well that's only if I'll ever be able to afford it", evelyn joked as she quickly ushered malfoy out the shop, as the prices were way above her range of allowance from hagrid.

the duo then arrived at florean fortescue's ice cream parlour, where there were many colorful ice creams on display, just like the candy at honeydukes.

"may I have a strawberries and cream with crystal toppings in a cone please?", evelyn asked.

the man—florean fortescue—took the order and looked up at malfoy.

"I'll have a toffee apple in a cone with no toppings", malfoy said as he quickly paid before evelyn could even reach for her purse.

once the shop owner handed both their ice creams, malfoy and evelyn took a seat that was next to the window.

"why won't you let me pay?", evelyn asked.

"I thought you wanted me to be a gentleman".

"no...??"

"thank merlin", malfoy sighed. "that was pure suffering".

evelyn chuckled as she took a napkin and wiped the excess ice cream off malfoy's chin.

malfoy glanced at the petite girl that sitting across from him. she smiled and laughed for no reason at all.

yet for some reason, her laughter was a mellifluous sound. it resonated through malfoy's ears; it was something he could listen to for a while.

"something wrong malfoy?? your ice cream's going to melt", evelyn warned.

"nothing's of the matter. nothing at all".

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘