little by little

Im on schedule for my chapter tweaking so here's an extra update <3

Over the course of the next few days barely any progress was made with her recovery aside from her ribs growing less and less visually noticeable. However, she hadn't woken enough to eat a proper meal.

Members of the team occasionally came in to check the progress but were usually dismissed by Loki, who wanted to be the first person she saw when she came too.

Which unknownst to him would be the following morning,

Upon hearing a slow agonized groan very close, Loki's eyes snapped open quickly to the come face to face with the large black-furred feline in front of him. 

This time her golden eyes were on him, still weak and dull but regardless he was overjoyed with the sight of them. He had feared he would never get to see them again.

"Sparrow..." He breathed his hand stroking her furred cheek as she weakly leaned into it. Her eyes drifted to the plate of food, cooked chicken in specific, Loki had learned some basic cooking skills while she was unconscious.

He made a meal for her daily ready for when she woke. And when she didn't, he didn't dare eat it. To the point that Stark would come in and have to force it out of Loki's hands, who refused to let him take it and have her wake up hungry, and if that failed Thor would be called in.

The large panther didn't respond or shift back but rather watch him carefully as he quickly rushed to get a plate of food that he had only prepared a few minutes ago before he fell asleep, the chicken was still steaming and looked delicious.

"I assume you are hungry" He mentioned before looking at her, she glanced at the food and shifted her head forward a little to reach it but she couldn't so the god took it into his own hands and fed her. 

He murmured sweet things to the tired mortal until the rest of the plate had been finished off, though he didn't want her to he knew it was best for her to rest so he encouraged her to and in moments her soft golden eyes were shrouded once more.

Around a week later Sparrow was growing stronger, her ribs were no longer so visible after Lokis round the clock three meals a day schedule going. She enjoyed his cooking and his care for her but still had a deep worry and anger inside that she couldn't express in this form.

It had taken so long for him to reach her. She had suffered so much already, and what if he had been a moment later? would she have died? or worse, now that she's been rescued would all of this vanish? like a sick hallucination?

But she tried to ignore the pestering emotions as the god himself helped assist her to her shaky front paws, her muscles and joints crying in protest as he got her to sit up on her hind legs.

He winced as she groaned and he wrapped his arms around her figure gently helping her along as she glanced at him gratefully. Nudging her large head into his shoulder causing him to chuckle softly.

Every day he would carefully rebandage her wounds and apologize whenever she whimpered or shifted uncomfortably wishing he could ease the pain far quicker or torture the man behind her torment.

He stayed with her every night until on one occasion she had a nightmare, he woke late while it was dark outside upon hearing whimpers he looked up to see her shifting and squeezing her eyes shut tightly in discomfort. 

When her movements began to kick and claw he grew worried and gently attempted to wake her, but when her eyes opened the pupils had become slits of rage. A low growl rumbled in her throat as she sat up a little wobbly, flashing large teeth. Loki stood and stepped back his hands out in warning "Sparrow- it's me, Loki, you're alright you need to snap out of it-"

The panther lunged toward him knocking him back as he took the full force of her weight with a grunt, falling to the floor as she leered over him, her heavy hot breath fanning over his face as her pupils locked on his.

Shakily his hands rose and cupped the beasts face and when she blinked her pupils had turned back to their usual circular shape and had even gotten a little bigger. The noises had alerted FRIDAY who had woken up Stark.

"What is going on-oh" The billionaire awkwardly stood in the doorway of the elevator staring at the two as Sparrow let out a loud rumbling purr the reverberated through the god below her's chest making him laugh with how odd the sensation was.

The god had also taken the time to study the species Sparrow could transform into, so he knew well about what purring was by now and secretly was beyond pleased to hear it. "Well, I'll leave you two be then" The man grinned and turned to leave in the elevator as the two lay close to each other side by side on the floor not caring about how uncomfortable it was.

Lokis hands ran across the fur on her cheek as her eyes fluttered shut again, her heavy paw draping over his waist dragging him closer like a rag doll toward her rumbling chest that showcased her content with the loud noise coming from it.

-

It wasn't long before Sparrow was able to get around the tower, a slight limp in her back left paw but otherwise still capable of moving about for short periods of time each day with resting in between. Loki on high alert at her sides 24/7 making sure she didn't stumble or fall over herself.

The rest of the team was glad to see her up and about and chuckled as she came up to their hip height her large paws padded on the floor as she walked by occasionally sticking her tail in Tony's face and making him sneeze with the fur that shed from it. 

Though her fur was still tattered with older scars none of the avengers minded because it didn't change that she was as strong as ever. They were all glad to have her back despite her change being big. 

Over the days she would take naps on the couch sometimes lying her large head on Loki or Thor's lap depending on the closest option, though Loki detested her being remotely close to Thor so when she was asleep he would carefully adjust her to his lap.

However she didn't mind Thor as much anymore, feeling more content with knowing he was really a gentle giant and cared for his brother, she also felt more protected in this form since it was no longer so small.

Loki would call her for her meals and would fix up her wounds as she ate, eventually, she needed a bath one that was long overdue. She had needed one for a while but at the time her wounds were far too fresh to risk getting soapy suds into them.

The thing is, Sparrow was far from eager to get back in the water.