Chapter 15- old friendships

Right now, I was lying on the bed, silently staring at the ceiling as I contemplated what I was doing in life.

I had left dad's cafe to join the team, but I wasn't a great fighter, and last time just proved something was wrong with me.

I wanted to go to Bruce about It, but I also didn't want to risk whatever was inside of me hurting him or anyone else. It scared me, and I dont know what it is.

Could I run away? No too impulsive, something Im trying hard not to be. I think my only option is to try my hardest, and since Im not working at the cafe anymore and I dont want to be useless in the tower, I'll have to get up to speed to prove I'm good enough.

I'll prove to Loki I'm not a pushover that he can boss around after I apologize for touching his stuff. I grimaced at the sound of the knock on the door; I didn't feel like talking to anyone right now.

But as I dragged myself off of the bed and opened the door, Natasha greeted me, "Hey, I just wanted to tell you there are two girls at the bottom floor asking for you?"

my eyes widened a fraction as I racked my brain for an answer when I refocused Nat was looking at me a little more closely worry suddenly painting her features,

"Sparrow, were you crying?" I wiped under my eyes feeling how they were still a little sore so they must look red

"huh? No, just tired," I shrugged and breezed past her entering the elevator, ignoring the presence of him up on the ledge where the library section was. I slipped on my converse that I'd set near the entrance so I wouldn't forget them.

I pressed the button to go down and flickered a glance up at him to catch his eyes on me before the silver sealed them out of sight.

I let out a breath I'd unconsciously held in and adjusted my hair that was all over the place, settling for tying it back and straightening out my shirt and jeans.

When the doors reopened at the bottom my eyes widened at the two familiar teens, I'd grown up with they were bickering with a nearby guard who looked like he could care less about their tantrum and frantic pointing toward the elevator,

"We know her! Why can't you just let us up? Do you need an ID? I have some gimme a sec-"

"Georgia? Megan?" I called lightly, and both a pair of brown eyes and soft blue ones found their way to mine

"Sparrow!" Georgia, the blonde wearing her pink overalls and the white shirt beneath, came over and embraced me in a tight hug, taller than me, of course, with her magenta ankle boots.

I hugged her back and tried to smile as she smushed my cheeks together, "so I leave for college for a year, and you get into the Avengers tower? No fair!" she giggled cheekily as I laughed, pulling out of her grip.

Megan was the next to embrace me, we were the same height, but she had darker brown hair tied into a neat bun dressed in a chequered slim-fitting dress that hugged her figure. "Hey you, how have you been?" She asked and pulled back,

"ah im good, but what about you guys? Georgia, I need to know all about your college adventures and all your new techniques with that hairstyling intern you had going on, Megan" I bumped her shoulder as she grinned at me and Georgia.

"of course! but first, let's go shopping" the bubbly blonde grabbed both our hands and began to drag us out as Megan groaned "we just came back from shopping!" she argued, but Georgia shrugged it off,

"there's not a bad time to shop, even if it were the apocalypse I would still grab that cute bourie I saw in that new little french shop" I laughed and walked next to them my worries drifting away at their presence.