What. The. Hell.

I sighed and followed Georgia into the apartment complex, I had to know what had her so riled up. Could she just be paranoid? We both went through a lot and I know it'd be scary to find out your friend had just kidnapped your other friend when you woke up very late after sleeping drugs wore off.

She fumbled with the keycard and slid it into her apartment while I hesitantly looked behind me before following in. The place was a mess, chairs were broken and flipped upside down, her couch was on its back a pillow had a large diagonal cut in the soft burnt amber fabric exposing stuffing.

"What the hell..."I trailed off as my thoughts halted and my breath caught and constricted in my throat when I finally looked up and directly in front of me a few feet away sat someone in a chair tied up with rope and a bag on their head.

"Georgia. What the fuck is this" I hissed in disbelief as she went behind the visibly living and breathing person and grabbed the bag, she didn't say anything as she pulled it off and I was met with someone I thought I'd never had to see again.

"Hello friend"

I choked on my words as Morgan sat smiling innocently at me, "Okay dont freak out but..." Georgia gulped and glanced at Morgan signaling something,

Morgan rolled her eyes and with a painful look and a few clicking bones, a small brown-furred cat sat in her place.

The world seemed to tilt and twirl and my body felt like it was encased with static as black spots swelled in my vision and I was consumed in darkness.

'

Georgia POV:

"Oh shoot oh shoot oh shoot oh shoot oh shoot!!! Sparrow? Sparrow wake up" I shook her but her head only rolled back with her eyes closed, my heart hammered in my chest. I admit I anticipated shock but I didn't think she'd pass out!

"unbelievable" I turned and glared at now human Morgan as she smiled when she caught my eye, "no you're unbelievable"

She shrugged staring at Sparrow "you're the one who signalled me to shift"I sighed and shook my head holding my close friend in my arms, she was oddly very cold. God this past week has been nothing but chaos.

First Morgan shows up half bloodied and broken and the next she can shift into a cat just like my other friend! Im going to lose it!

My breathing was laboured as I squeezed Sparrow and shut my eyes, why me? why me dammit! I can't do this! I can't help anyone!

Im the mom friend Im just here for moral support I cant-

"breathe you moron"

I snapped my eyes open to Morgans glare and I sucked in a deep breath "shut up" I wheezed and slowly pulled Sparrow up off of the floor and slung her limp arm over my shoulder.

"you aren't the one dealing with two of your-one of your friends and your ex-friend being able to turn into cats at free will" I didn't miss how her jaw locked and she looked away. "Well I dont care"

"Clearly"I rolled my eyes and used my foot to push the fallen over the couch from earlier back upright to lay her down. It just so happened that Morgan had to throw a tantrum about being tied up for the sake of Sparrow,

She'd been here a week now. I tied her up the first few times but she always escaped so I gave up, now she had been mooching off of me now matter how many times I'd try to get rid of her.

I tried calling the police but she'd catch me and always make sure I was in her line of sight. And because the whole situation with Sparrow wasn't in the city no one knew who to watch out for so she'd come shopping with me whenever I went out.

My last resort was to text Sparrow which she agreed on finally after hours of begging.

I sighed and sunk into the space on the end of the couch putting Sparrows legs over my lap and chewing my lip, "you think she'll get used to it?"

"get used to what?" Morgan sat on the coffee table in front of me like it was no big deal crossing her legs that were covered by my grey sweat pants,

"you being part cat too"

"well it's not like it was my choice, I just thought It wouldn't have affected me as much as it did, now all I can do is remain like this." she had a faraway look in her brown eyes as I studied her for a moment.

"did it hurt?" I asked leaning back, she looked at me with a raised brow "you want me to tell you?"

I shrugged "I dunno, maybe it won't be the truth but I wanna hear it"

she sighed and nodded slowly, "yeah it was an injection, I didn't see it coming so I couldn't have told them to stop because it was too late. I was already on the fence about him from the start, I didn't think he'd do this to me though"

I chewed my inner cheek, did she deserve to be punished? yeah, she helped in hurting Sparrow. But at the same time, this kind of punishment was next level.

"do you think you could have a reaction to it? the serum i mean" I inquired and she gulped looking down and fiddling with her hands, it was clear she hadn't thought about it much, or she wanted to avoid it.

"Im kinda hoping I dont"

I hummed and glanced at Sparrow, "but Im betting you're hoping I do, right?" she looked up at me again an unidentifiable emotion in her eyes.

I didn't answer.

I just rubbed circles on sparrows calf out of sheer bordem, I hoped she'd wake soon, but I didn't want her to freak out again, but I do need to tell her the whole story.

I just hoped she wouldn't be too mad at me for keeping things a secret.