CHAPTER 37 - DEAD END

Swelling with anger, the wounded princess stood up and picked up her sword. She made one, two, three steps forward before pointing it to the blonde blind bitch who is holding her mother as a hostage.

“You monster!” Lizzy cried. “I’m going to kill you for that!”

“Oooh, scary~” Chancellor Mimosa mocked. “You really are the genocidal princess, but don’t think you’re in the position to give threats.”

“Kuh!” The orange-haired woman tightened her gripped on the retarded queen’s shoulder, making her cry. But even in great pain, Queen Astrea cradled her doll-like a real mother protecting her baby.

“Let her go! This battle is just between you and me! Leave my mother out of this!” Lizzy roared as she swung her sword in the air. She then glared at the orange-haired woman who’s dragging the queen. “General Velia, don’t hurt her! Or I’ll have your head in a spike!”

Not being scared a little bit, the orange-haired woman whom Lizzy called General Velia unsheathed her blade from her waist and pointed it to the queen’s throat.

“No! Don’t hurt her!” Lizzy cried.

“Agartha has no use for a retarded queen who only lays in bed and sing nursery rhymes with her baby doll.” The chancellor laughed. “If you want to get her back, then you will. In one condition.”

“What do you want from me? You want me to surrender? Then fine.” Lizzy threw her sword away and raised her hand without hesitation.

“No.” 

The chancellor snapped her fingers, and a hover drone with a video camera approached to her shoulders. 

“I want you to confess. To confess all your sins to your constituents. You must admit that you are a selfish princess who killed her own father.”

Lizzy bit her lip and clenched her fists. Pride is one thing, but making her admit a false confession wounds her heart. Her pained face silently tells me her feelings.

“I did not do it. I did not do it. I did not do it.” She whispered. 

But it doesn’t matter if she did it or not. Her mother’s life is on the line, and she’s in no condition to fight back.

“I… wish… to confess…”

“Huh? What is it, your majesty? Please say it louder~” The chancellor mocked. The camera drone started to hover and focus on the princess. 

“I wish to confess,” Lizzy muttered. “I… killed my father, King Randolph Erindel… with my own hands.”

“Oh, what a shocker~” The blonde blind bitch chuckled. “Why did you kill your father, you wicked princess?”

Lizzy stayed silent. Her shoulders are shaking because of her tight clenching hand.

“Did you kill him so that you can inherit the crown?” Chancellor Mimosa asked.

Lizzy stayed silent until she looked at her mother. That orange-haired knight who’s holding the queen hostage is now scratching the queen’s neck with her blade. A small number of blood droplets fell on the doll.

That made Lizzy infuriated, but she can’t do anything.

“Did you kill the king so that you can rule Agartha yourself!?” The chancellor shouted.

“Y-Yes.” Lizzy bowed and hid her eyes with her bangs. “I… I want to rule this empire… for my own selfish ambitions.”

“Aaaand cut~” The blonde blind bitch clapped, signaling the camera drone to stop recording. It hovered back to the chancellor like a fine pet.