CHAPTER 33 - THE PRINCESS HAVE MORE BALLS THAN HER SOLDIERS

With the powerful shout unleashing his Ultimate, Zell Wingate pressed his buster laser sword to the center of the magic circle in the ground.

Sparks fly and electricity gathered at the epicenter of the magical circle. There was a quick flash of light that was mixed with the loud thunder’s explosive roar.

The destruction left in our wake.

There is a big crater on the ground. The highway was shattered, and the hover trucks that are near the Gravitron Impulse’s area of effect went flying. Residue lightning sparks crawl in the ground that triggers static electricity.

And the enemy general; Arth Lightsworn is there in the ground, his head lying on the slope. His white uniform is in ruins, and there’s dirt all over his face.

“Gah, hah.” The defeated Aegis Knight General panted. He tried to move his fingers, but he can’t. He is paralyzed by the lightning explosion that was made by Zell’s Ultimate.

“I… I win.” 

Zell stabbed his reverted laser sword on the ground as he went on his knees. Fully exhausted because of the fight, he raised his head and gazed upon the defeated superior he once had.

“I win, General Lightsworn. I win. I never would have thought that this day will come.”

“You cheater.” The defeated general chuckled. “I never would have thought that you have a person who has the Archonlight System.”

“I’m sorry, General. We have to show our resolve. We have to win this fight in order to prove what we think is right. The princess is innocent. You know that Princess Alessia won’t kill her beloved father. You served directly to the King. You should know better.”

The defeated general looked at the sky, or the hollow atmosphere that surrounds the core of the earth (since we’re in a subterranean empire). He let the breeze of the wind soothe his face and nostrils.

“Perhaps.”

<>

The moment I knew Zell’s win, I immediately shifted my focus on my wellbeing. There are barrages of bullets coming to my way.

Good thing Yufa is protecting me with her Firewall magic in a 360-degree angle. All bullet shrapnels are immediately converted to ashes as soon as they reach the flaming shield. As long as she’s pouring magical energy on her magical wand, she can keep the barrier up.

“Get back! I’ll handle this!” One of the soldiers went to a crouching position as he aimed his high-tech bazooka on us. “Fire!”

The rocket flew towards our direction. As soon as the RPG touched the flame barrier, it exploded, unleashing a shockwave that almost blew me away!

“Yufa, can you still keep the barrier up?” I asked.

“I… may need… a breather…” Yufa whispered. She’s drenched on her sweat already, and she’s catching her breath.

“You can stop the barrier now!” A familiar voice echoed.

Like a speeding bullet, Lizzy crashed on the rocket soldier with her flaming white feet. She kicked the rocket launcher to hit two more soldiers on her way, and then she swirled like an acrobat to slash the remaining soldiers who fired bullets on her position.

The princess of Agartha swept the enemies around us like a freaking broom. She dodged the bullets, kicked the enemy’s helmets, slashed their kevlar vests with her magical sword, and even punched some persistent assholes in the jaw.

Lizzy is so strong that she can one-shot any goons without killing them. She’s also too fast to evade the barrages of bullets. And her quick thinking in battles is spot-on and superb. She cleaned us out of enemies in a clockwise manner.

Since all the enemy’s attention are on Lizzy, Yufa took the opportunity to remove the barrier and rest. She almost collapsed, but I caught her back up.

“T-Thanks, Mr. Casterdyne.” Yufa weakly muttered. 

“You okay?”

“Don’t worry about me. I’ll recover in a jiffy~” Yufa pumped her fists trying to be as jolly as possible. Man, this pop idol is so cute!

All of a sudden, I heard distant shouting voices from the soldiers. All their attention is put on the Aegis Knights who just got beaten up on their brawl.

“Kill the treacherous Aegis Knight! Protect General Lightsworn at all costs!”

The soldiers circled around the crater where the Ex-Aegis Knight and the pretty boy general is situated. They pointed their rifles at the wounded Zell Wingate who just got up on his feet.

There’s no way Zell could defend from those attacks. He’s completely beaten up from fighting the general.

[Command Code Cooldown: 1:11]

I can’t even use my Command Codes right now. I can’t help him! I guess he’ll die!

“Celestial Blitzkrieg!”

A swift white burning streak crashed to one soldier, bouncing to the next, and then to the next. It was the all-so-powerful princess of Agartha who went to the rescue. With the speed of light, she ricocheted from soldier to soldier, knocking them down on the nape of their neck with the flat part of her sword.

It took about 0.5 seconds to take down twenty-five soldiers, one by one. She did it so carefully and precisely so that she wouldn’t kill any of her subjects. Hell, the soldiers are already unconscious before they hit the ground!

Lizzy gracefully landed beside Zell with a satisfied smile on her face. She even made an arrogant sigh.

“Phew. Took me half a second. I must be out of practice.”

“Y-Your Majesty, can I ask a question?” Zell has this terrified forced smile on his face. 

“What is it?” Lizzy tilted her head.

“You’re a Celestial Mage. Why are you always using a sword?”

“Slashing people is faster.” Lizzy crossed her arms with a confused look.

Zell and the defeated general who is lying like a hammered shit just smiled. Inside their mind, they are both saying “This is our princess, alright.”. It forces themselves to accept the reality that their princess is a sassy tomboy who loves swords.

“Hey!” I waved at the blonde knight and the seemingly lesbian princess. “The way is clear! Stop yanking and let’s get your asses out here!”

“Cheeky donkey,” Lizzy whispered under her breath. She momentarily looked at the defeated general before dashing towards my position. 

Meanwhile, Zell let himself fall behind. He looked to his general eye-to-eye and then bowed with his fist on his heart.

“I’ll be going, General Lightsworn.”

“Godspeed, Sir Wingate. We may have different sides to protect, but you’re still an Aegis Knight at heart. I will still wish you a safe trip.”

“Thank you.”

Just before Zell was about to get the chance to exit the scene, the general’s eyes widened. He is so shocked as if he has seen a ghost for the very first time in his life. His eyes are not looking at Zell, but to someone who’s behind him.

“What the-”

The sound of a ripping flesh echoed. The chest of the blonde knight was torn, and blood sprayed on the general’s face.

I also saw it too. I was the unlucky one who first saw our knight’s heart getting ripped to shreds. Blood crawled from Zell’s eyes, nose, and mouth. He expired just before he realized what was happening.

Behind him… is an actual demon.