CHAPTER 16 - I SWEAR I FAINTED BECAUSE OF THAT FLYING KISS

Don’t you hate it when your opponent smiles like a psycho and slaps you with a trump card that she’s been hiding all along? I do. I hate the suspense, the drama, and the fear after they showed that “You just activated my trap card!” kind of face.

The wind became horribly strong as if we’re inside a tornado. The pop star idol, who is now having these phoenix-like features, is now charging a miniature sun on top of her head. I can feel intense pressure and heat coming from that one.

“An Ultimate attack, huh?” Lizzy smiled as she glared at the phoenix pop star. 

With determination to win the fight, Lizzy injected more prana on the bluish-white star that she has been charging with her layers of the magical circle. Lightning bolts started to scatter around her ball of light, signaling that it is ready to be launched.

The phoenix ball is getting bigger, and so is the dwarf star. If they unleashed both, it would surely annihilate a city block. I don’t know if I’m safe in my position anymore.

“All I have to do is to blast it to smithereens before you can launch it!” Lizzy shouted.

I looked at the enemy Archon. A spark went through my brain. I saw a sign, a critical cue that would bear a lot in this fight.

“Stop!” I shouted out loud to my Fighter.

“Eh?” Lizzy’s eyes widened in surprise. She shortly glanced at me with her peripherals.

“Lizzy, it’s a counter-attack type Ultimate! Do not fire!”

Obediently enough, Lizzy stopped charging her dwarf star. The blue ball of light disintegrated, and the magical circle layers shattered.

The dwarf star disappeared, and so is the miniature sun.

We waited for two seconds. For those two seconds, the phoenix angel only unleashed a series of harmless pulses that spread out in the air.

The enemy Fighter Yufa Haruna lost control of her wings. The flame wings exploded into ember dust, and the pop star fell down on her knees, fully exhausted.

On the other hand, the enemy Archon stood astonished. Her blue eyes are wide open and shocked.

“You...You saw through our plan?!” Guinevere Arcaliburn’s voice cracked. “H-How?”

“Now!” I shouted out loud.

“Rune Enhancement: Stardust Heel!” 

Lizzy bolted forward with a breakneck speed with white flame boosters on her boots. She reached the weakened Yufa Haruna in just a matter of a split second.

“Hnngh!” Yufa Haruna got up and tried to jump back.

“Permission to use Ultimate!” Lizzy shouted.

“Accepted!” I cried out loud as I pointed my glowing hand to my princess. “Unleashing Ultimate!”

[Ultimate Activated]

“Stardust Crystal Seal!”

As soon as Lizzy shouted her Ultimate’s name, she tapped her foot on the ground near Yufa Haruna. A wide blue magical circle was created and spread out all over the place. It divided into two and one of the magical circles flew up in the skies. The magical circles covered up an area of an average house!

“Kuh!” Yufa Haruna cried as she was frozen in place due to the magical circles’ gravitational power. “I-I can’t move!”

“Blades, obey my call!” Lizzy shouted out loud as she gracefully spun her sword.