CHAPTER 17 - A GOOD COOK THAT SHOULDN'T BE IN THE KITCHEN

The next day after that battle, I found myself a little bit bedridden because of mana dehydration. All my muscles ache and I got a bad stiff neck that affected all sides. Lizzy said that using three Command Codes yesterday was the main cause of that happening, and warned me to not do it again. In fact, she made me attend a full seminar about it this morning, complete with diagrams in a magical PowerPoint.

"Listen, normal humans like you only have a little mana pool to spend. Using the Archonlight System's Command Codes is enough to make you faint, so make sure you don't use it that frequently again! You got that!?" Teacher Lizzy pointed her stick at me.

"Yes, whatever, fuhrer. I already know." I murmured.

Wham! A swift slap of a stick made a terrifying sonic boom sound! Thankfully the teacher's stick only hit the arm of the sofa where I'm sitting, missing my shoulder by eight centimeters!

"What was that?!" The Princess of Agartha gave me the look of a serial killer.

"Y-Yes! Roger that, my princess!" I cried like a puppy.

"Good." Lizzy held her waist as she stood up straight. "Now just lay there and let your body rest. You should be able to move this afternoon if your body can regenerate enough mana."

"O-Okay," I said.

Suddenly, Lizzy pulled out a rectangular piece of paper from her sleeve. She put it on my hands in a gentle way.

"Here's your lovely check that I owe."

"Wah!?" I raised the check to verify it using the sunlight from the windows. It was a real check! The one Yufa Haruna's manager gave me yesterday! "You didn't destroy it?"

"Of course not, stupid donkey. Why would I? I'm not so stupid to burn money."

"But I saw you tear it to shreds!"

Lizzy waved her index finger. "Elementary, my dear. Quick Duplication Magic. I destroyed the fake one."

"Why did you do it in the first place?" I tilted my head.

"It was all just a farce so that Yufa will invite us to a deadly 'date'. I also knew about her secret powers and her affiliation with the Princess of Avalon. I wanted to confront them both, and I'd say all my plans went well."

There was an evil smirk on Lizzy's face. I think that's what I should expect for a person with Rank S Intelligence.

I just nodded like an obedient dog. I think I'll try not to provoke the princess from now on.

With our conversation over, the princess sighed and then exited the living room.

Today is Sunday, so I don't need to worry about skipping a class. However, I think I'm going to bore myself to death if I just lay here so I reached the remote with my sore arms and switched the TV on.

I started to watch anime when Lizzy entered the living room again. She's now hugging a rice cooker, and she looks so adorable. When she noticed that I'm looking at her, she immediately explained herself with a blushing face.

"S-Since you helped me a lot, I-I will be cooking for you. Our lunch will be a pork cutlet bowl. Is that okay?"

"Mmm." I nodded. "No complaints here."

It's weird. Really really weird. Last night, we swapped sleeping places. She let me sleep on my bed and she slept on this sofa. And now she's going to cook for me like a real housewife? Is she that concerned to me? Did she get her head hit or something?