𝟑.𝟏𝟎

Começar do início

harry's trance was then ruined as a knock was heard on snape's door.

"come in", professor snape said.

the door then revealed professor lupin, looking as sickly as ever.

"say, you don't think potter got this map directly from its manufacturers do you?", snape sharply asked, making lupin raise a brow.

"I imagine harry got it from a joke shop. I'll do take the map off your hands if it bothers you so much", lupin offered.

snape passive aggressively handed lupin the map, dismissing harry, as for once, the boy did not get in trouble.

harry watched as lupin opened up the map, making his face even paler than it already was—if that was even possible.

"professor lupin, are you alright?", harry questioned.

lupin's eyes suddenly darted towards harry. giving harry a weak smile, he replied.

"yes harry. everything's just swell".

—✼—

the moment professor snape walked into professor lupin's classroom, the curtains fell, blocking any sunlight that was shining through the window.

with a swish of his wand, the projector in front of all the students had turned on, showcasing the anatomical structure of a werewolf.

"turn to page 394", snape coldly said, not even giving further explanations.

evelyn—who sat beside malfoy—quickly took out her textbook. but in the process, a silver trinket fell out, causing a mental clink against the hard ground.

since the silence was so pristine, everyone heard the drop. evelyn slowly picked up the silver ring, which very much resembled malfoy's as there was a serpent carved on it.

"pansy, didn't you recently say that you had lost your slytherin ring?", daphne commented, making everyone whisper and stare at evelyn.

"indeed! I thought I had stupidly misplaced it. but it seems that someone had stolen it when I wasn't aware", pansy falsely distressed.

"p-professor I—"

"ms. parkinson, can you dutifully prove that this ring is indeed yours?", snape asked, making evelyn hand him the piece of jewelry.

"of course! my initials is carved on the inner band", pansy smirked, looking over at the panicking evelyn.

"so it says pp on the inner band?", ron snorted, making all the gryffindors and even a few slytherins laugh.

"you—"

"mr. weasley, I believe that comment you just made was quite offensive to ms. parkinson. 5 points from gryffindor", snape said as he continued observing the ring, which indeed had pansy's initials carved on the inner band.

"and ms. gardener, what do you have to defend for yourself?", snape asked.

"I-I...professor please believe me, I didn't do it!!", evelyn desperately defended herself.