Chapter Two

Josie's Pov
Carefully I rubbed at my fingers over my palms studying the dark blue-haired male. He was sort of tall looking and honestly prettier than any man or woman I had seen before.

After my little fire incident, I was brought back into this little office room with Markl and this unknown man.

I shifted my eyes around before looking up when he spoke to me his body leaned back on the little desk.

"So how long have you been having these flames burst out of your hands?" He questioned me lifting his hand up to away the dark blue locks. I straightened out my posture a bit in the chair leaning back.

"Umm recently actually  it happened when I turned seventeen actually I accidentally caught my dress on fire."

I explained shyly watching his eyes shift across my face possibly for any lies. He looked actually startled by that.

"Wait so you are a witch that hasn't studied at the academy it just happened?" He questioned to me slowly placing his fingers under his chin in thought.

"There's an academy for witches and wizards?" I asked my voice growing loud with excitement for a minute.

"Correct, it's actually really really rare for a witch's magic to be fire, they mainly study appearance changing, bewitching, sometimes deadly love spells." He explained.

"But you my dear are a fire witch which I've always wanted to meet one, may I know your name?" I was a little hesitant but it looked like he knew way more about this stuff then I did.

"I'm Josie." I introduced myself watching him smile he then held his hand out for me to shake which I took his hand in mine this warm light going through his hand while we shook hands.

"Nice to meet you Josie I am Howl Pendragon, otherwise known as just Howl the Wizard." He chuckled cracking a side smile at me his jewel earrings swinging with his head movements.

"You are one of the famous wizards." I found myself breathing out my thoughts where shifted all over the place and I found myself blurting out deeply.

"Can you teach me how to do magic! I wanna learn to control the fire Howl I can't think of anyone better to teach me." I stared at Howl to see his eyes shift a little.

"Me? I could possibly teach you but what can you learn from me?" He tilted his head at me with this playfully time while he tilted his head back before he raised his hand up to open his palm blowing in it slowly a small spark of sparkling flames.

My eyes grew wide with interest gasping when it the small flames spun around me. He was amazing and if only I could touch it. "Alright I'll make a deal with you Josie, I'll try my best to teach you all I know about magic, of course, I can't just do it with a small price right."

It was then followed by his soft chuckles making me perk up a bit to watch the sparkle like flames swirl around me even more.

"You have to bind a contract with me, I haven't done one of those in a while. Not since Calcifer. But you have to trust me and connect your heart to be bounded with mine." It was a lot to take in my mind. I wasn't expecting to meet the Wizard Howl today.

My curiosity just sometimes gets the totally best of me and today is no exception to this. "What happens if we are bound together?" I questioned watching him slowly pull himself away from the desk to help me stand up holding my slightly sore hands in his.

"I can feel your emotions, you can feel mine if you die, I die the same with me, but it's the only thing I can think of for you an extraordinary witch-like yourself." I looked around my hands pressed gently into his chest that was covered up in a white long-sleeved shirt.

The flames now were surrounding us slowly. I wanted to learn, I didn't wanna be in the dark anymore but maybe this was all a trap and a trick.

I felt this warmth of my own fire spread through my chest before I found myself whispering a small yes watching the fire turned a small sparkle light flame going inside his chest.

I gasped when I looked down seeing Howl was doing the same thing to me and he leaned in pressing his forehead against mine.

"Trust me, and close your eyes." He instructs me to do so. With a small flutter, I shut my eyes at the strange warmth that traveled through my beating heart with the small ache of pain.

I gasped as the pain slowly started to increase but Howl just held me closer to him. One minute I was doing just fine standing up like normal but with a small burst of the flames.

I was pushed back into Howl's chest the pain a little too much suddenly passing out in his arms with Howl shooting his arms out quick to catch me just in a nick of time before I crashed and hit the hardwood floor.