Surprises

It wasn't unusual for the entire team to have a whole Prank War every year.

Ever since a very big incident happened a few years ago, they had taken to it only happening once a year and for Steve this was a perfect opportunity for him to do what he'd been wanting to do for a while now.

Ever since he came out of the ice, he never thought he'd fall for someone the way he fell for Peggy, but then a year later, just after the battle of New York, both he and Natasha had a mission.

Save Shield.

During that time, Steve came to realise that maybe, there was a reason why he hadn't stayed in 1945, and that he was meant to be in the future. That he was meant to meet Natasha.

At the start, he hid his feelings well, but then they talked. That was when Steve accepted his feelings for Natasha. He told no-one, not until after Ultron.

Shortly after that, Natasha and Steve started dating and had been for almost 7 years.

And now, he was certain that he wanted to take the next step with Natasha. But then The Accords happened, and then TaskMaster, then Thanos, and then she died, and then Thanos...again. Then Tony almost died, he lived thankfully, but still. Then Steve managed to get her back.

But finally, finally there was a window. A window which Steve found to be the perfect moment for him to do the one thing he'd been wanting to do for a while.

As he walked down the hall, he stopped outside of a door. Peter's door to be exact.

Since Peter had offically joined the team, both he and Natasha had bonded and now she had become a mother-figure within Peter's life.

Neither of them would admit it, but it was there.

Steve knocked twice before hearing Peter shout him inside.

"Oh, hey Cap. What's up?" Peter asked.

Steve walked inside and closed the door behind him, making sure no-one was around to hear.

"You have any bugs inside your room?" Steve asked. He had to be sure.

Peter shook his head, "No, why?"

"I need your help."

"Okay...with what? If this is about the prank war, I swear to god, Clint!" Peter shouted, looking up to his vent.

"No, no this isn't about the prank war." Steve said, pulling Peter down from standing on a chair in his room, stopping him from searching the vents.

"Well, it kinda is. Anyway, just promise me, you will not tell Natasha, she cannot know."

Peter gave a confused look but nodded, "Sure. What is it?"

That was when Steve went on to explain his entire plan. If anyone could help him, it would be Peter.

After 15 minutes, Peter knew what he had to do.

"Can you tell Clint and Sam, get their help, but make sure no-one else finds out."

"Understood. You know, I'm glad your finally doing this." Peter smiled.

"So am I."

All Steve had to do now was hope that Natasha wouldn't find out until the very last moment.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was finally the day of the Prank War.

It was early morning and Tony had woke every single person up who was sleeping in the compound.