Chapter 15: What Shall Be Happiness

Hanji's POV

Soon... everything began to become perfect. Rumors of me and Erwin sleeping together- was now looked with disappointment and judgement. Erwin manages to stay inside of his office, escaping only when needed. If he left without a proper reason, he could be let go from his position from the Board.

Whatever- he's staying away from my family for the time being. That I'm beyond grateful for. 

As time progressed, so did Chyo. I loved her every second of the day. When she grew old enough to wander the house at night- more-so into our room as she didn't want to be in the darkness for too long. She steadily asked her brothers for help- whether it be help getting herself dressed or just to help her make breakfast. 

"Mom, Dad, we're going out." Jim called out to us as he picked Chyo up from the ground, grinning a bit. "Taiko and I will be shopping with Chyo- probably helping us pick out presents for-"

"Don't be proposing yet, Taiko." Levi called out, shaking his head. "I know that trick."

I waved my hand, chuckling softly about the whole thing. "Oh- you used that trick before. Completely see-through for me. You know- you brought up a lot of things that remind me a lot when we were still dating, Levi. I feel dumb thinking about those times... they seemed so obvious now..."

Taiko gave a slight laugh, "I'm not proposing. Not yet anyways. I need to find my own apartment first... anyways, you don't mind if we take Chyo, right? Maybe we should've asked first before taking Chyo?"

Those intimidating stares that were exchanged between those two... heh... "Just make sure Chyo's safe. She's 5- and I don't want her wandering off. You hear me? If something bad happens to her, I won't hesitate-"

"Your mom will rip your heads off." I turned to Levi, seeing him casually drink his blackened tea. When my eyes laid on him, he tried to shrug off his shoulders. "What? It's the truth. Hanji, don't act like you've threatened anyone else like that. I remember that threat you sent to me when-"

"Let's not talk about that." I quickly say as my cheeks grew warm. "Go on-"

Jim chuckled, holding Chyo close to his body. "What happened, Dad?"

"Jimmy-"

Levi chuckled, shaking his head. "When she was pregnant with Taiko and she was telling me, she threatened to stab me countless times if I became a dead-beat dad and left her alone with no support. There was another threat... something about burning me alive or poking me with spears if I saw another girl when I was caring for her and the unborn Taiko."

"Is that why you stayed?" Taiko asked.

"No. That's not why I stayed." His eyes gleamed with different shades of gray as he spoke. "I stayed because I loved her, and because I wanted to be something different than my own father. I've never met my dad... and I don't want to be like him. That's why I stayed."

Jim looked at me, shaking his head. "And I thought Dad was the scary one."

"Women are always scary."

"Levi!"

For a guy who never seemed to give laughs in public, he smiled brightly and tried to hold down a laugh. "If something happens to Chyo when she's a teen, be nice to her. Else you'll be threatened by a lot of things. Don't mention the fact that you boys wanted her gone. She'll probably come after you with a pipe or something."

*   *   *

Jim's POV

"It's that expensive to get that high quality tea? That's a huge no. I can barely afford university tuition..." I joked, putting away the tea and made my way to Taiko. My hand gripping onto Chyo's small hands, holding her closely. "Should we head home or-"