Chapter 10: Excuse Me?

Jim's POV

"With the sudden need for Mrs. Ackerman's maternity leave, I'll be substituting until the end of the week." We all rolled our eyes with annoyance when Principal Smith came over to our class. "I do have experience in her... realm of science. I have done some substituting jobs- especially for Mrs. Ackerman's classes whenever she had her rascal boys." Slight chuckles. "But anyways, any questions before we begin the class?"

Multiple hands went up. Some weren't as straight- but nervous hands were raised. 

"Yes- erm... Eren?"

"What's the deal with Mrs. Ackerman and you?"

Principal Smith sighed when everyone giggled. "Other than us being in the same classes when we were in high school... we were friends. And no- we did not sleep with each other. I know you guys have been discussing it instead of studying for tests."

"But did you ever liked her?" Some other guy, I think his name was Jose, asked out once more. "Some guys from your school year said that you obsessed over her."

"That is complicated- but yes. I did. Now, back to the class-"

"Wait a minute- that means that you were lewd with Mrs. Ackerman?" Another girl gave a chuckle when she glanced over to me. Her eyes- what the heck... "That's surprising. Where did Taiko ever go during your high school?"

Principal Smith, once more, gave a sigh. "I never knew Mrs. Ackerman was pregnant with Taiko until after the fact that she revealed to me she was dating with her current husband. You know- dances at the school were so important- practically everyone was scrambling to get a date. I thought I was fast to ask her out to the dance until she told me she was taken already. That's when the bastard came up."

What's hilarious is that Dad started to sneak into the class while Principal Smith was giving his little story.

"Bastard got her pregnant with Taiko and she never really listened to reason. Parents kicked her out and she was forced to live with the delinquent. What surprises me is that he was able to become a police officer."

"What's surprises me that you're the one teaching class about science and you're not teaching science. Teaching lies." Dad rolled his eyes, walking to Mom's desk and rummaging through it. "You do know she did tell all of her friends about her and me being together."

"That's a lie-"

"Shut up, Eyebrows." A couple of chuckles. "Listen to me, maybe you should stop spreading rumors that Taiko or even my newborn daughter are yours. You've always been jealous because you can't seem to get it up-"

The most interesting part of this interaction was when Dad was pushed against the wall with papers in his hands. Principal Smith had used his forearm against Dad's chest. 

"Erwin, you do not want to do that-"

"I had it up to here! You're nothing, you hear me? Nothing."

"Just because Hanji chose me over you... that's this whole thing-"

"We both know Taiko should've been mine." Once the whole class feel silent, we could hear their grumbles and whispers under their breath. "If it wasn't for you, they would've all been my family. I got the leftovers. How is it possible that someone like you was able to get the good girl, huh?"

"Maybe because she rather support a guy that actually supported her back. Maybe because she cared about what family I came from. Completely different than to some guy who seemed to have everything. The fact is that Hanji chose me. I didn't exactly compete."

Dad gave a grunting noise as Principal Smith elbowed him once more. "Get out of my classroom."

"Get out of my life then. Leave that in the past. Just face it- Hanji's always right when she picked who she wanted to spend the rest of her life with." Dad then pushed Principal Smith to the side. "I'm letting you go this one time, okay? Maybe your students would really see what kind of guy you were in high school."

Dad gave a smirk before leaving the classroom with the papers in tow. Couple of students looked to me- and boy, I was embarrassed. Some girls gave a chuckle towards me, trying to examine me just by looking at me. Weird. Principal Smith tried to lecture the class, but he couldn't get out of this web of questions.

If one thing was certain, Dad pretty much owned the principal.