hermione stood behind the woman, feeling slightly guilty, but know that this was for the best of things.

"w-what?! but professor!! I have a match coming up soon and my nimbus 2000 was chomped up by the whomping willow when I fell!", harry protested.

"I'm sorry mr. potter. but for the safety of you...and the others, we'll have to do some scans and make sure that it completely free from dark magic", mcgonagall said as she proceeded to take the firebolt away from harry.

harry and ron just watched as mcgonagall walked out, leaving only hermione and evelyn standing there.

"SERIOUSLY HERMIONE?!", ron shouted, making the red-haired girl flinch.

"ron!! don't shout at hermione like that", evelyn reprimanded as she went over to hermione's side.

"if it weren't for her, harry's firebolt wouldn't have been taken away! and she still won't get rid of that cat even though scabbers has been sick since it's arrived!", ron stated.

hermione huffed; she then ran off making evelyn give the boys a look before leaving.

"you guys shouldn't have reacted like that to hermione. she's just trying to make sure you're safe harry. and plus, it's not like she's actively telling crookshanks to attack scabbers! you guys know how stressed she is taking 12 classes?", evelyn frowned as she chased after her other friend, leaving ron and harry a bit stunned.

"well, it's not our fault that she's taking 12 classes", harry muttered.

"and plus, how is she even doing that anyways?", ron mumbled back.

—✼—

"HERMIONE!!", evelyn called out.

though the girl got no response, she had spotted a tuff of ginger hair that was sitting at the back of the library, hidden behind a copious mount of books.

"hermione!! I finally found you. are you—"

hermione looked up from her book with tears brimming her eyes. her button nose was as red as a rose, matching her puffy eyes.

though hermione made no sobbing sound, you could tell she was suppressing her cries by curling herself up in the safe haven of the library.

"hermione, it's okay", evelyn softly said, moving to sit next to the stressed out girl.

evelyn hugged hermione while she sobbed on her shoulder.

"I-I-I just wanted to make sure", hermione whimpered, making evelyn gently pat the girl's head in a rhythmic style.

"I know mione, I know. it's okay, I understand. no need to worry as they'll get over it soon", evelyn soothed.

she then took out a handkerchief and helped hermione wipe her tears away.

"don't go crying on me too much now. you wouldn't want to ruin your pretty face", evelyn smiled as she stood up, extending a hand out for hermione to do the same.

"let's go mione! I have somewhere to take you", evelyn said as she started running, with hermione trotting behind.

with a reluctant professor's permission, the two girls arrived in front of hagrid's hut, though they did not enter. evelyn led hermione to where buckbeak was kept, bowing and maintaining eye contact so it knew to trust them.